My PC is Slowing Down

Aeonocean

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Hello There:

I've had my computer for almost 2 years now, and it's still working great. The problem is though that it's starting to slow down just a bit. I read about it in some article that there can be unnecessary programs that are using up my memory. Another article I read was that I needed to do a disc cleanup and I checked that out.

According to that disc cleanup thingy that I can't remember the name of, I have collected about 303 GB in some TEMP folder. It says that it deletes all the stuff in that folder, but only keeps the ones that aren't over a week old though.

Is there a problem if I choose to delete anything in that TEMP folder from the disc cleanup?

Solution
I don't know which program to which you are referring but you can try using Window's built-in disk cleanup option by doing the following:
1. Click on Start
2. Type "Disk Cleanup" without the quotes
3. Select "Disk Cleanup" from the menu and click on it.
4. Select the drive you want to cleanup (usually drive C:)
5. Click on OK
6. Disk Cleanup should run automatically after that.

Another option is to download something like CCleaner from Piriform and run it with the basic settings the first time. It will safely delete unnecessary temp files. There are advanced options that can help you reclaim disk space by wiping the free space. I have been using it for a couple of years now without any problems.
I don't know which program to which you are referring but you can try using Window's built-in disk cleanup option by doing the following:
1. Click on Start
2. Type "Disk Cleanup" without the quotes
3. Select "Disk Cleanup" from the menu and click on it.
4. Select the drive you want to cleanup (usually drive C:)
5. Click on OK
6. Disk Cleanup should run automatically after that.

Another option is to download something like CCleaner from Piriform and run it with the basic settings the first time. It will safely delete unnecessary temp files. There are advanced options that can help you reclaim disk space by wiping the free space. I have been using it for a couple of years now without any problems.

Solution