[SOLVED] My pc is so slow sometimes,

Andrew223344

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
I have an A400 kingston ssd, in user benchmark it says that my ssd working below expectation.. it is the os drive and it have 170 gb free from 240. Whý is it so slow? Does it affect my pc performance? Fresh windows 10, most of the time my pc is running good, but sometimes is so slow. Any fix?

Solution
Scan for viruses and malware. If none are found, great.

Turn off scheduled maintenance like disk defragmenter and system restore. System restore, when it decides to create a restore point, will slow the whole system down to a crawl by hogging all the available resources and it does this fairly often.

Make sure you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed.

Make sure you have the MOST recent driver versions installed for your motherboard chipset, LAN or WiFi network controllers, Audio controller and graphics card. Get the drivers from the motherboard or graphics card manufacturers website. If you have only integrated graphics, then get that too from the motherboard manufacturer, or laptop manufacturer's website and...

Turn off scheduled maintenance like disk defragmenter and system restore. System restore, when it decides to create a restore point, will slow the whole system down to a crawl by hogging all the available resources and it does this fairly often.

Make sure you have the MOST recent driver versions installed for your motherboard chipset, LAN or WiFi network controllers, Audio controller and graphics card. Get the drivers from the motherboard or graphics card manufacturers website. If you have only integrated graphics, then get that too from the motherboard manufacturer, or laptop manufacturer's website and product page.

Knowing your full system specs would make it easier to offer advice on why the system may or may not be working as expected.

Solution

Andrew223344

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019

Make sure you have the MOST recent driver versions installed for your motherboard chipset, LAN or WiFi network controllers, Audio controller and graphics card. Get the drivers from the motherboard or graphics card manufacturers website. If you have only integrated graphics, then get that too from the motherboard manufacturer, or laptop manufacturer's website and product page.

Knowing your full system specs would make it easier to offer advice on why the system may or may not be working as expected.
I have amd ryzen 5 1600af, aorus b450 elite, bios up to date, all drivers updated. But i have system restore on, i ll try to disable, my ssd is new, sometimes it have a very good scores. I had wallpaper engine on when i tested, i ll do a test with all apps off. I ll come back.. thank u.

Wallpaper engine is a resource hog as well. I'd ditch that if it were me. I'd also disable the automatic update setting for any software other than windows that you can disable it for, and just check manually, periodically, for updates for those programs. Otherwise you might periodically see a dip in performance as well when applications look online for updates.

Andrew223344

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Wallpaper engine is a resource hog as well. I'd ditch that if it were me. I'd also disable the automatic update setting for any software other than windows that you can disable it for, and just check manually, periodically, for updates for those programs. Otherwise you might periodically see a dip in performance as well when applications look online for updates.
I disabled my antivirus updates and i turned off system restore, my system have a very good score now : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27988277 vs before : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27964021