Question My PC is stuck on "preparing automatic repair" and sometimes doesn't even give display signal ?

Jul 4, 2022
After a power outage yesterday my system has been acting weird, whenever it turns on windows just goes to the screen "preparing automatic repair" and gets stuck there forever, and sometimes it just doesn't even give a signal to the monitor, what can be the cause of it?
My mobo is a STI 005492

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are rest of specs of the PC? is this a laptop? Toshiba motherboard

Windows 10 doesn't turn off when shut down, its in a hybrid hibernate state, meaning its semi awake. Now a power outage can mess with that state, and cause corruption. And stop it loading right.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

if you can boot off the usb, I can show you how to save data off install
  • on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
  • choose troubleshoot
  • choose advanced
  • choose command prompt
  • type notepad and press enter
  • in notepad, select file>open
  • Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or another hdd

provided power outage didn't break anything, I would do a clean install
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Jul 4, 2022
what are rest of specs of the PC? is this a laptop? Toshiba motherboard

Windows 10 doesn't turn off when shut down, its in a hybrid hibernate state, meaning its semi awake. Now a power outage can mess with that state, and cause corruption. And stop it loading right.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

if you can boot off the usb, I can show you how to save data off install
  • on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
  • choose troubleshoot
  • choose advanced
  • choose command prompt
  • type notepad and press enter
  • in notepad, select file>open
  • Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or another hdd
provided power outage didn't break anything, I would do a clean install
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Thanks for the help!, i managed to fix it by just turning it off and on until the bios asked me to choose between booting the system from the hdd or another device, after i choose hdd it worked, also is there a way to do this windows repair in the system itself? without the USB with windows installer ?