Question My PC is super slow

Jun 4, 2019
I get about 30 fps on games like Destiny 2, GTA V, Dead By Daylight and i don't know why my specs are
GPU-GTX 1060 3gb
CPU- Intel i7 7700
RAM-16gb
Mobo-ASUStek GL503VMF U3E1
On r6 i will get around 100 fps but i don't know why spme of the games only give me 30, even in discord just hovering over different calls its super delayed. I have used malwarebytes and CCleaner to see if there was anything wrong but there were no threats. plz help

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Could be a multitude of things really.

• Run a Userbenchmark here just to see if there is anything obvious
  • Have you run disk cleanups / defrags / trims?
  • Have you run Antivirus (remember Malwarebytes is a bit different to an antivirus).
  • What settings and resolution are you playing at?
  • What is your full system spec including RAM speeds and PSU make and model.

Jun 4, 2019
Could be a multitude of things really.

• Run a Userbenchmark here just to see if there is anything obvious
  • Have you run disk cleanups / defrags / trims?
  • Have you run Antivirus (remember Malwarebytes is a bit different to an antivirus).
  • What settings and resolution are you playing at?
  • What is your full system spec including RAM speeds and PSU make and model.
Ok so i used that user benchmark thing and it said that my pc is under performing and out of 100 PCs 68 of them would be better. Also, for my processor it says that it has a below average single core score and that it can handle emails and web browsing but will struggle with modern 3D games it says its gaming score 37.9% and the CPU's gaming abilities are below average. I used the disk cleanup app on Windows. I used the windows defender security to scan for anything no threats. I have tried every setting on games like low, medium, and high, i play at a resolution of 1920x1080. I have a single RAM stick and the speed is 2400. I don't know how to check my PSU make and model.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Post a link to the userbenchmark result itself - I'm not really looking for the "where yours performs in comparison" as userbenchmark doesn't exclude overclocked systems in the same bracket.

PSU make and model will usually be from opening the case and looking. A poor PSU that isn't providing adequate pwer can sometimes affect game performance. A single stick will also be limiting as dual channel is not being used.

Jun 4, 2019
Post a link to the userbenchmark result itself - I'm not really looking for the "where yours performs in comparison" as userbenchmark doesn't exclude overclocked systems in the same bracket.

PSU make and model will usually be from opening the case and looking. A poor PSU that isn't providing adequate pwer can sometimes affect game performance. A single stick will also be limiting as dual channel is not being used.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17439886
i have a laptop

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The process(es) that is/are using the most of your CPU capacity. Then identify what program the process belongs to (you can right click on the process and click search online if you are not aware what process it is).

An overall view can be seen in the processes tab of task manager, you can sort in order how CPU% usage and it will identify the program(s) using the most resource. But the resource monitor is more detailed.

Jun 4, 2019
The process(es) that is/are using the most of your CPU capacity. Then identify what program the process belongs to (you can right click on the process and click search online if you are not aware what process it is).

An overall view can be seen in the processes tab of task manager, you can sort in order how CPU% usage and it will identify the program(s) using the most resource. But the resource monitor is more detailed.
but how do i see what is using a lot of my CPU capacity?

Jun 4, 2019

it is only using around 30% Cpu it says

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It may be easier for you to look at task manager instead then.
Go to Task Manager > Processes - then sort by CPU usage highest to lowest, then see what is using CPU usage when you encounter the issue.

It is important you view it when the issue is actually occurring otherwise you are just looking at an idle CPU.

I'm also wondering why your drives haven't come part of the bench. I'm wondering if some drivers are potentially missing. You may want to check that you are running Intel SRT also.

May be worth running HD Sentinel just to ensure everything on your drives is running smoothly.

Jun 4, 2019
Go to Task Manager > Processes - then sort by CPU usage highest to lowest, then see what is using CPU usage when you encounter the issue.

It is important you view it when the issue is actually occurring otherwise you are just looking at an idle CPU.

I'm also wondering why your drives haven't come part of the bench. I'm wondering if some drivers are potentially missing. You may want to check that you are running Intel SRT also.

May be worth running HD Sentinel just to ensure everything on your drives is running smoothly.
OMG im in my task manager and it is going up to 100% once i open dead by daylight

Jun 4, 2019

When i shake my mouse in discord the CPU usage goes up to like 35%

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The main issue is you probably have a lot of background apps running generally.
Are you running any overclock?
Any hardware monitoring software?
If you go to task manager > startup - how many apps do you have enabled to automatically start up?

Have you ensured all drivers are up to date? Especially GPU drivers?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Jun 4, 2019
The main issue is you probably have a lot of background apps running generally.
Are you running any overclock?
Any hardware monitoring software?
If you go to task manager > startup - how many apps do you have enabled to automatically start up?

Have you ensured all drivers are up to date? Especially GPU drivers?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
I have lots of background apps running but it says they are taking 0 percent of my CPU usage and i have disabled all startup applications. I don't know how to overclock so no, i don't have any hardware monitoring software. I checked if i had to update my drivers for my GPU but it said that it had the best up to date. I have tried to update my BIOS but i can't seem to find how.