Feb 8, 2020
I have just built my new and first ever PC using an ASRock B450M HDV R4.0 Motherboard, a Ryzen 3 2200G CPU, a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SC Graphics Card, OLOy 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 MHz Memory, a Apevia AD 500 W ATX Power Supply, a Western Digital RE4 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive and, a Antec NX310 ATX Mid Tower Case. I have connected my build to a Dell D Series LED-Lit 31.5” Monitor, a Logitech K360 Wireless Keyboard and a Forka Silent Click 6 Button Gaming Mouse, and when I turn my PC on, all the fans start spinning and the RGB lights turn on, but my monitor says NO SIGNAL. I have tried to connect it via an HDMI cable, a VGA cable, but neither of them work, but I have confirmed that these cables do work because I have tested the HDMI cable with an Apple TV and it connected to the same monitor immediately and I have tested my VGA cable with a different desktop PC and the monitor connected to that as well, so I know it is not the cables causing the problem. I have also tried removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics from the Ryzen 3 2200G, but it still says no signal, so then I tried putting the RAM in the other slot, and I tried with and without the graphics card, and it still didn’t work. In addition, I removed my cpu just to check for any bent pins, but they all seem to be in order. So far, I have concluded that since it is no the graphics card, ram, cable or monitor causing the problem it has to be the CPU or the Motherboard, but I don’t want to send back my motherboard or CPU without some advice as this is my first time building a PC and I have little experience with what I should do, so what should I do?

Solution
it really makes zero sense that both your GPU and your onboard graphics lead to "No Signal" on two different displays yet these displays both work while connected to other hardware.
the only solution i could imagine is that this CPU, or possibly the motherboard, is just faulty.

if you know anyone else using this type of socket, try the CPU in their system.
also search for AsRock & AMD forums/threads related to this issue. maybe others have experienced the same problem with this CPU or this board.
Feb 8, 2020
try connecting the PC to another display using the 1060. if working, make sure you have all system software installed and up to date(Asrock motherboard drivers & BIOS, EVGA graphics drivers, Windows updates, etc).
I've tried this and I still get the no signal pop-up on the other monitor, but thank you for your suggestion :)

Feb 8, 2020
Make sure all power cables are attached to motherboard. Check for CPU power cable in upper left side of motherboard.
I've tested this as well by removing the power cables, including the 4-pin CPU connector and the 24-pin motherboard connector, and then nothing will turn on, but then I'll reconnect them and the fans will turn back on, meaning the cables are giving the motherboard power, but the monitor still says no signal. Thanks for your suggestion though and if you come up with anything else please tell me, this is my first PC build and I really need the help.

it really makes zero sense that both your GPU and your onboard graphics lead to "No Signal" on two different displays yet these displays both work while connected to other hardware.
the only solution i could imagine is that this CPU, or possibly the motherboard, is just faulty.

if you know anyone else using this type of socket, try the CPU in their system.
also search for AsRock & AMD forums/threads related to this issue. maybe others have experienced the same problem with this CPU or this board.

Solution
Feb 9, 2020
I have had a similar problem. My PC powers on and all my fans start spinning, all the RGB lights up and powers on, but I get no signal to my monitor. I used the onboard graphics in the 2200g but i thought the problem would’ve been with the CPU so I bought a graphics card and a Ryzen 5 2600 and I’m still having the same problem.

TRENDING THREADS