Question My pc is using onboard graphics and not my GPU randomly?

eLuzion

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Hey guys, so just recently everytime i boot my pc up and i go to get on a game i'm getting like 25fps so i checked it out, and its saying i'm using intel graphics, then if i restart my pc a few times it fixes? nothing is plugged into the motherboard for it to even be picking up the onboard graphics?

eLuzion

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
So i've just disabled the Intel HD graphics in the "device manager" and my screen went black then came back, i checked and its now using my GPU again? could that be a fix, or if anyone knows why it was even doing that in the first place i would appreciate it

shiriken

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
You need to go into your motherboard BIOS and disable onboard video or choose PCIEX graphics card and save. After that you need to boot into windows and completely remove ALL intel graphics drivers and install graphic driver for your GPU whatever it is

eLuzion

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
You need to go into your motherboard BIOS and disable onboard video or choose PCIEX graphics card and save. After that you need to boot into windows and completely remove ALL intel graphics drivers and install graphic driver for your GPU whatever it is
Done this and its still doing it randomly..
i don't understand it at all, how is it even using intel graphics if nothing is plugged into the Mobo.??