[SOLVED] My PC is using way more RAM than usual

Jul 11, 2020
Usually when i used to boot up my PC, it would show 50-60% used RAM, now its always over 75% and even with just google open, its using over 90%

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GGHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: GTX 1050 4 GB VRAM

Solution
Okay, in Task Manager (Processes tab) and then Resource Monitor go to the applicable Memory tabs and click the column headers so the column data is sorted in descending order.

Key is to discover what is using and consuming memory.

If the problem started with the new software then you may see them listed. Take a closer look.

May not be directly related (meaning the new software has some conflict with other apps) so consider uninstalling the apps and determine if memory use returns to normal.

Ralston18

Titan
Where are you getting the RAM use % values?

Task Manager and Resource Monitor both provide information about what is using memory and how much memory is being used.

Any recent software additions or updates? Could be a buggy app, or a corrupted OS file.

Another thought: Hard drive(s): Make, model, capacity, how full?

Jul 11, 2020
Where are you getting the RAM use % values?

Task Manager and Resource Monitor both provide information about what is using memory and how much memory is being used.

Any recent software additions or updates? Could be a buggy app, or a corrupted OS file.

Another thought: Hard drive(s): Make, model, capacity, how full?
I'm getting the RAM values from Task Manager

Maybe one or 2 new softwares but that was from a week ago-ish

Hard drive is half way full: 460GB out of 917 GB

Ralston18

Titan
Okay, in Task Manager (Processes tab) and then Resource Monitor go to the applicable Memory tabs and click the column headers so the column data is sorted in descending order.

If the problem started with the new software then you may see them listed. Take a closer look.

May not be directly related (meaning the new software has some conflict with other apps) so consider uninstalling the apps and determine if memory use returns to normal.

Solution
Jul 11, 2020

I've already tried to just take a closer look at that, to see if anything is just eating the RAM but everything looks just fine

I'll try uninstalling the softwares to see if it helps