Question My PC keeps crashing while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2022
First of all, hello everyone. This is my first post in the community, although I read a lot from here :p

Today I'm here asking for help about my PC. First of all, this is my build:

Ryzen 5 5600x
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS/BR
Fury Beast 3600mhz 4x8gb
RX 6700XT Gigabyte Eagle
XPG S70 Blade, 2 TB, PCIe Gen4
XPG Core Reactor 850W
CPU Watercooled and all temps are ok.
No part is older than a year (exepct the CPU) but this error started only recently.

What is happening with it is that the games sometime crashes my PC. It's intermitent, doesn't happen everyday but It doesn't matter if it's a intensive game or CS GO, it crashes.
Now, here's the thing, I receive a BSOD that just blinks, meaning that I can't read what it says, but once I could and it said page_fault_in_non_page_area, so it should be a RAM issue. I downloaded Memtest86, ran the test with 4 sticks and boom, fail. Okay, so I removed 2 sticks and the test passes, changed the ram to the other 2 sticks (also changed the slots) and it also passes. So I lowered my speed to 3400mhz with the 4 sticks and it also passes. So I couldn't find any conclusive error in the rams either.

I tried to debug the minidumps but they were, inconclusive to say the least. Each minidump says a different thing, so I really don't know if the problem is my RAM, or my CPU, OR something else. I already tried several troubleshootings regarding drivers and stuff but I think it's enough to say reinstalled Windows from a clean image and every driver at least once.

Any idea of what I may try?

Once again, thanks a lot for your time!

Edit: Oh yeah, I've also checked the Event Viewer multiple times, the errors vary from bugchecks to volmgr event 161.

Ralston18

Titan
Also look in Reliability History

Reliability History may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time of the game crashes.

Much easier to use and the time line format may prove helpful in seeing when the problems began and perhaps some pattern as well.

XPG Core Reactor 850W - noted it may only be a year old but does the PSU have a history of heavy gaming use?

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors are, to me, an indication of faltering/failing PSU.

= = = =

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Is all important data backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the PC. Be sure to verify that all backups are recoverable and readable.

Sep 10, 2022
Hello Ralston,

Thanks for your help!

I recently reinstalled windows, so there isn't much in Reliability History, I will analyze deeper with the erros I have tho, every crash I had is there, but they are mostly "Unexpected shutdowns" without much info.

Man, I really hope it's not the PSU, I purchased it new in March and she's super overkill for my build hehe. But no I don't consider heavy gaming use, I don't normally play intensive games that much, I do of course once in a while but I rarely play games that 50%+ my GPU.
I still own my previous CX750, so I can easily test if the problem is the PSU. Will do it this week.

I have only one NVME M.2 SSD, which is the XPG Blade S70. 1,67 of 1,86 is free, I barely installed anything after updating but I never let it go more than 70% full.

*Edit: Also, I've seen the error bad_module_info on event APPCRASH on Reliability History. Any idea what this might be?

Last edited:
First of all, hello everyone. This is my first post in the community, although I read a lot from here :p

Today I'm here asking for help about my PC. First of all, this is my build:

Ryzen 5 5600x
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS/BR
Fury Beast 3600mhz 4x8gb
RX 6700XT Gigabyte Eagle
XPG S70 Blade, 2 TB, PCIe Gen4
XPG Core Reactor 850W
CPU Watercooled and all temps are ok.
No part is older than a year (exepct the CPU) but this error started only recently.

What is happening with it is that the games sometime crashes my PC. It's intermitent, doesn't happen everyday but It doesn't matter if it's a intensive game or CS GO, it crashes.
Now, here's the thing, I receive a BSOD that just blinks, meaning that I can't read what it says, but once I could and it said page_fault_in_non_page_area, so it should be a RAM issue. I downloaded Memtest86, ran the test with 4 sticks and boom, fail. Okay, so I removed 2 sticks and the test passes, changed the ram to the other 2 sticks (also changed the slots) and it also passes. So I lowered my speed to 3400mhz with the 4 sticks and it also passes. So I couldn't find any conclusive error in the rams either.

I tried to debug the minidumps but they were, inconclusive to say the least. Each minidump says a different thing, so I really don't know if the problem is my RAM, or my CPU, OR something else. I already tried several troubleshootings regarding drivers and stuff but I think it's enough to say reinstalled Windows from a clean image and every driver at least once.

Any idea of what I may try?

Once again, thanks a lot for your time!

Edit: Oh yeah, I've also checked the Event Viewer multiple times, the errors vary from bugchecks to volmgr event 161.
Are these ram sticks one kit of 4 sticks?

Proper bios and chipset driver?

Do you still get the crashes now that you have lowered ram speed?

Sep 10, 2022
Are these ram sticks one kit of 4 sticks?

Proper bios and chipset driver?

Do you still get the crashes now that you have lowered ram speed?

Hello Bob!

Yes, yes and yes. But it crashed only one time after I lowered the ram speeds and it was today. I though it was solved because it was 2 whole days without crashes but today it happened again.

Sep 10, 2022
Hello Bob,

I already have the latest version of my BIOS, which is 4403, I also have the latest chipset driver for X570, downloaded from AMD's website 4.08.09.2337 Release Date 25/8/2022.

At the SPD tab, all 4 sticks have the same specs (Except the Serial Number, ofc).

Sep 10, 2022
Ran Memtest86 with 1.36 and no errors happened. I had only 1 crash since I raised the voltage and it was a AMD driver crash. The system is much more stable, you think I should raise to 1.37 nonetheless?

Status
Not open for further replies.