[SOLVED] My PC keeps freezing and idk why

Aug 4, 2021
My computer randomly freezes at times of high load. Sometimes it isn't on high load though, because usually its while playing strenuous games, but just recently it froze twice when I tried to load a webpage. I have ran MSI afterburner and on AoE III my cpu stayed under 10% usage while my GPU shot up over 85% multiple time and stayed around there for the game played till it froze and then crashed. my temps never went over 80C

My computer has the following parts:

Processor:

GPU:

Motherboard:

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

PSU:

Hard Drive: WD Red 2TB -
Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive X2 OS is on one
Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

i haven't changed any thing and I have updated all of my bios, I've cleaned and defragged, and even paid for virus scanners/ cleaners to run through my pc. I'm almost at the point of wiping every thing and starting over. the only thing I'm leaning towards is that might be a contributing factor but I'm not sure is Ryzen master wont download to my pc and says "A newer version of this application is already installed on this comp. please uninstall the newer version first." but when I go into my system it is nowhere to be found I have searched how to do this but there fix doesn't work so idk what to doo about that.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Just for the sake of relevance, can you parse the BIOS version that you're on at the time of writing? Can you check and see what OS version you're on at the time of writing? It'd be a good idea to have a pen drive handy and use that to fabricate your bootable USB installer with the aid of Windows Media Creation Tools, keep that around in case we instruct you to reinstall your OS. It seems like you might be needing to do that.

Lutfij

Titan

How old is the PSU in your build? Just for the sake of relevance, can you parse the BIOS version that you're on at the time of writing? Can you check and see what OS version you're on at the time of writing? It'd be a good idea to have a pen drive handy and use that to fabricate your bootable USB installer with the aid of Windows Media Creation Tools, keep that around in case we instruct you to reinstall your OS. It seems like you might be needing to do that.

Solution
Aug 4, 2021

thank you for helping. a little over a year I bought it new in early 2020. and I am entirely ignorant to a lot of pc stuff so I am not totally sure how to do that. I know I'm using windows 10 and i think its 21H1 or 19043.1110 and it constantly updates. I also have a pen drive.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Are you overclocked? Try reseting OC settings, gpu and cpu.

i advice against those third party “optimizer” tools. In fact they actually even impair the pc in some cases.

“Newer version already installed”, this happened to me before when i accidentally uninstalled ryzen master, you must go to regedit and delete a registry key. But I don’t remember what and where i found out about it, maybe someone else could help you with that.

As @Lutfij said, i think a clean install of windows would be the best course of action for you…

Aug 4, 2021
Are you overclocked? Try reseting OC settings, gpu and cpu.

i advice against those third party “optimizer” tools. In fact they actually even impair the pc in some cases.

“Newer version already installed”, this happened to me before when i accidentally uninstalled ryzen master, you must go to regedit and delete a registry key. But I don’t remember what and where i found out about it, maybe someone else could help you with that.

As @Lutfij said, i think a clean install of windows would be the best course of action for you…

no I'm not OC. yeah i went into that but it wasn't in there. if I did a clean install reset everything all all of my hard drives( which is what i would want). ant 100% start me over.