Question My PC keeps losing power when shut down- BIOS PROBLEMS?

Jun 16, 2020
Hello there i have a problem with my PC so i decided to post this on THF sorry if i posted it in a wrong topic .
This is my problem: So about 2 months ago my PC kept shutting down for no reason (it ended up being a broken PSU) i got a new PSU and also before getting a new one they updated my BIOS my MB is F2a 85-m asus . The PC works fine now and it doesnt shut down but sometimes when i shut it down i noticed that my GPU loses power there is only one small light on the MB. After that when i remove my small battery and turn the pc on and put the battery back everything works fine , so what is the problem that makes my PC do that? SPECS : A8 6600K (3.9ghz non OC) 8gb hyperX blu , HD 7870 (Direct Cu II) MB Asus F2A 85-m
Edit : The PC wont turn on after i shut it down until i remove the battery turn on my pc , turn it off and put the battery back in.

Last edited:
Hello there i have a problem with my PC so i decided to post this on THF sorry if i posted it in a wrong topic .
This is my problem: So about 2 months ago my PC kept shutting down for no reason (it ended up being a broken PSU) i got a new PSU and also before getting a new one they updated my BIOS my MB is F2a 85-m asus . The PC works fine now and it doesnt shut down but sometimes when i shut it down i noticed that my GPU loses power there is only one small light on the MB. After that when i remove my small battery and turn the pc on and put the battery back everything works fine , so what is the problem that makes my PC do that? SPECS : A8 6600K (3.9ghz non OC) 8gb hyperX blu , HD 7870 (Direct Cu II) MB Asus F2A 85-m
Am I missing something, GPU and rest of system are supposed to loose power when shut down ?

Jun 16, 2020
Am I missing something, GPU and rest of system are supposed to loose power when shut down ?
Normally when i turn of my PC (still plugged into power) i can still see the lights on my GPU and MB but when i shut it down it loses power completely and it wont start when i press the button until i remove my bios battery that is happening

Jun 16, 2020
Normally when i turn of my PC (still plugged into power) i can still see the lights on my GPU and MB but when i shut it down it loses power completely and it wont start when i press the button until i remove my bios battery that is happening

Jun 16, 2020
when it loses power after shut down it wont start again until i remove my battery and turn it on and put the battery back , i will install older version of bios and see what happendds.