Question My pc keeps rebooting after shutodwn

KrOo12

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
My OS is Windows 7.

I thought reinstalling Windows would solve the issue, but it didn't.

Then i replaced the "Power on" push button on my cabinet, this wasn't the issue either.

I went to advanced system settings and untagged the Autorestart option.

I even read something about creating a new folder and 32 bit word in RegEdit and followed the steps.

My computer keeps restarting everytime i shut it down and I don't even know what to do anymore, any advise would help.

Thanks.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
My OS is Windows 7.

I thought reinstalling Windows would solve the issue, but it didn't.

Then i replaced the "Power on" push button on my cabinet, this wasn't the issue either.

I went to advanced system settings and untagged the Autorestart option.

I even read something about creating a new folder and 32 bit word in RegEdit and followed the steps.

My computer keeps restarting everytime i shut it down and I don't even know what to do anymore, any advise would help.

Thanks.
check the cables you connect it right?

Reactions: KrOo12

Killer01ws6

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
This is not an OS issue, hardware or BIOs...
Does your MOBO have a power or reset on it directly? if so, unplug the case power connections and see what happens.. IF still happening with no case power leads attached, check the MOBO screws for being all in place and secure, not over tight but tight. next if still dig into your bios settings.

Reactions: KrOo12

KrOo12

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
This is not an OS issue, hardware or BIOs...
Does your MOBO have a power or reset on it directly? if so, unplug the case power connections and see what happens.. IF still happening with no case power leads attached, check the MOBO screws for being all in place and secure, not over tight but tight. next if still dig into your bios settings.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-990fxa-ud3_e.pdf

That is my MOBO, I didn't find a power or reset switch on the datasheet, seems to me as this wouldn't apply for it. Should I still unmount it from my case just to try?

KrOo12

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
I should add that i took my mobo out of the case and cleaned every connector, the space inside the case and ordered all the cables inside with black tape.

I also updated my bios, which didn't solve anything =(