My pc keeps restarting itself before it reaches windows 10

ImNotVeryCreative

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
My pc keeps restarting whenever i turn it on. I am able to enter the bios, without it restarting. On normal boot just before it gets to loading windows it restarts. The big problem is that i'm not able to reach the windows troubleshoot menu to help me reinstall windows, because that would fix the problem. I do not have the original cd for my windows(It's not a pirate version), so i can't use the cd to reinstall windows.

This isn't the first time this has happend. First time i was able to reach the troubleshoot menu and then reinstall windows, that fixed it. Second time i managed to get hold of a windows cd to fix it, but im not able to do that this time, without having to wait two weeks.

I have scouted the internet for solutions, most of them tell me to re-seat my ram or enter safe mode. However, since the first time this happend i chanced my ram, so i highly doubt thats the problem. The other solution requires me to enter safemode, but im unable to do that from the bios, as far as i'm aware.

Personally i think the problem has something to do with my SSD(samsung evo 840), though its only about 2 years old. The reason i think its the SSD is because i seems odd that i've had the same issue 3 times even though i've reinstalled my windows and components like my motherboard has also been replaced since the first time.

I'd really like some advice on what do to. If nothing works i'll go buy a new SSD and hope that will fix the problem. (Sorry for the messy writing, i'm short on time)

gervino

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
You could simply download the Windows 10 Installation disk and reïnstall Windows. (Do the following things on another computer of course) If you google "Download windows 10 official ISO" you will get an official Microsoft website (Cant link it, I get the .nl Dutch website) that offers the download. When you go to that page you will have to use the little tool to create a new bootable usb/installation DVD.

ImNotVeryCreative

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

The windows key i have is for windows 7 pro, i upgraded it to windows 10 when it was free. Do you think it's possible to use the windows 7 key for windows 10, even though the upgrade offer expired some months ago.

TRENDING THREADS