Question My pc keeps shutting down at different times.

Aug 1, 2020
Specs: X570 Gigabyte Motherboard, Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600, Gpu: Asus ROG 5600xt, RAM: 2x8 3200mhz, and a seasonic focus 750 watt 80+ gold

My pc randomly shuts down for no reason. I have tried different motherboards, ram, and power supplies. This problem happened before but it fixed itself when I reset my m.2 nvme ssd. But like after a month it started to shut down randomly again. Could it be my cpu?

Aug 1, 2020
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for errors, warnings, and even informational events the precede or correspond with the shutdowns.

Look in Update History for any update related problems.
I just checked it, but it only says that Windows was not properly shut down and that it was unexpected.

Yea, I thought so too, but I reset it again and it still happens. I even bought another ssd to make sure but it still didn’t help.

Typically random shut downs are PSU or heat related...on occasion ram issues will also cause it, but usually ram issues trigger a blue screen. If you have access to another PSU it's worth the time to swap it out and see if the issue goes away.

How are your CPU and GPU temps ?

Have you overclocked the 2600 ?

Aug 1, 2020
Typically random shut downs are PSU or heat related...on occasion ram issues will also cause it, but usually ram issues trigger a blue screen. If you have access to another PSU it's worth the time to swap it out and see if the issue goes away. How are your CPU and GPU temps ?
My pc managed to stay on for a while so I decided to stress test my cpu. My cpu’s max temp was around 75c. My gpu’s temp usually stays around 40 to 50c. I also used a different power supply and got the same results. I was going to ask my friend to let me use his power supply to check to see if I was just unlucky with the power supply I bought.

TRENDING THREADS