[SOLVED] My PC lags whenever it's reading/writing to my storage (SSD or HDD)

Jun 8, 2021
I notice this issue when I'm playing games or downloading something. In loading screens, almost all my games start lagging a lot and freezing, and sometimes it also lags in-game as textures load when I move around. I initially thought this was an HDD issue but I also noticed that my PC starts to lag a lot as well when I'm downloading something (to my SSD in that case) to the point where I can barely use it even on the desktop. It's getting really frustrating honestly because my build is supposed to easily run many games, but this issue makes some unplayable.

My specs are:
i7-9700k
RTX 2080 Super
16 GB 3200Mhz RAM

Solution
Try running the game with no spinning HD connected at all, i.e., game(s) installed/run from SSD...

This assumes Windows was/ is installed to the SSD; there are a few misguided folks who for some reason leave WIndows on a hard drive and think only the games need to be on SSD....

Was this current build a fresh install with this CPU/mainboard/GPU combo, or was anything upgraded? (DId it ever work correctly before?)
Try running the game with no spinning HD connected at all, i.e., game(s) installed/run from SSD...

This assumes Windows was/ is installed to the SSD; there are a few misguided folks who for some reason leave WIndows on a hard drive and think only the games need to be on SSD....

Was this current build a fresh install with this CPU/mainboard/GPU combo, or was anything upgraded? (DId it ever work correctly before?)

Solution
Jun 8, 2021
This is a fairly new build (just a few months old) but my HDD is a couple of years old, but everything else is brand new. Windows is on my SSD, but as I mentioned this issue happens on both my SSD and HDD.