my pc needs to be pressed hard for power on after installing game

spi_ajay

Distinguished
May 31, 2012
i installed arkham knight game yesterday,, ever since i installed. after i shutdown and whenver i start pc from power on.. i neeed to press bit harder than regular normal press. .. i got fx6300 and r9 280 asus direct ii boost, , 8 gb corsair vengeance ram. windows 10 14393.693 .. please let me know why the game is making me force power on(after turning on ups )

spi_ajay

Distinguished
May 31, 2012

<yes i need to press slightly hard of power button than usual..

It just sounds like the button is wearing down or maybe something was spilled on it. Something like soda would gum it up, is it possible someone spilled something on the button? The switch is mechanical, software wouldn't effect the operation of it.

spi_ajay

Distinguished
May 31, 2012
no my pc is new ,,, nothing is on it .. also i observed after playing arkham knight and then some 20mins browsing or music listening ,, and then i shutdown and then i am able to turn on power on back to normal press and not hard press.. i know if i uninstall game i can have normal press .. but isnt there any other solution coz not sure whats going on..

It's possible that the button just isn't sliding in normally, it could be getting "kinked" in the hole a little and requires more effort. My case has a button that occasionally gets stuck down and the computer will go into a boot loop until the button it tapped and pops out(this has been since new, but just because of how it needs to be pressed). There really isn't anything the software can do to effect the button.

spi_ajay

Distinguished
May 31, 2012
can it be possible my pc isnt able to withstand high end games like arkham knight ,, thts why hardware is failing ? or shall i uninstall the game to be safer side..

It is a mechanical switch, there is nothing any software can do to affect it's operation. What you are experiencing with the button is normal, sometimes it's just not straight and is harder to press. It is not a hardware failure due to any program, it's just the nature of the switch.

Yes, the switch could be defective, but unless you press it and nothing happens, then the switch is fine.