[SOLVED] My pc run slower and games too after updating my processor

Jun 21, 2021
I just updated my pc with a Ryzen 5 3600 with 6 cores, I had Ryzen 5 2600 with 6 cores and my motherboard is Gigabyte A320M-S2H ver1 with a graphics card GTX 1660 OC of 6GB

the thing is that my pc takes at least 2 to 3 minutes to start now and while after logging it's barely noticeable if I start a game that it looks awful the fps drop horribly and can't play while before the upgrade didn't had the problem.

I played video games like Apex legends, Doom eternal REvillage on mid settings totally fine before.

Solution
Anytime you upgrade your processor you should always clear your CMOS (should be done before installation of your new processor), update your bios, do a clean install of Windows and install the latest chipset drivers from AMD. I have been guilty myself of not doing all these steps when upgrading the processor (doing a clean install of Windows always sucks) but it is the best method to get the best performance out of your new processor and avoid any software conflicts because somewhere deep in your system Windows thinks you should be running 2600.

I believe all these suggestions were already made, but really all these things should be done when upgrading your processor.
Anytime you upgrade your processor you should always clear your CMOS (should be done before installation of your new processor), update your bios, do a clean install of Windows and install the latest chipset drivers from AMD. I have been guilty myself of not doing all these steps when upgrading the processor (doing a clean install of Windows always sucks) but it is the best method to get the best performance out of your new processor and avoid any software conflicts because somewhere deep in your system Windows thinks you should be running 2600.

I believe all these suggestions were already made, but really all these things should be done when upgrading your processor.

Solution
Jun 21, 2021

Okay, you are right, I will do a clean install just to be sure, I haven't been having more problems but it's better to be safe and regret it later.

thank you