My pc shuts down while playing games.

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
I have a budget pc build from August 2017 with:

PSU:Corsair VS450
GPU:VGA GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX1050 TI WINDFORCE OC 4G GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E
CPU:CPU INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE G4560 3.50GHZ
MotherBoard:GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H
RAM:1xCORSAIR CMV8GX4M1A2133C15 8GB DDR4 2133MHZ

I was playing at any resolution, at any graphics without any problems until 2 days ago. But yesterday my pc started shutting down while I was about to start playing. When I play not at high graphics and not at 1080p it is all good(no shutting down), but when I put high graphics and 1080p, the pc shuts down. For example, I am playing now GTA IV and PUBG. It was all good until 2 days ago, but from yesterday when I start playing any of them , the pc shuts down.

Any advise would be thankful.

Solution
The Corsair VS series is one of the lowest quality lines under the Corsair brand and dying PSUs is one of the most common reasons why computers mysteriously start randomly rebooting.

If checking CPU/GPU temperatures under load doesn't reveal anything suspicious and you didn't change anything software-wise since your PC began to randomly reboot, the PSU is the most likely suspect.

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

What do you mean by telling me "Try ruling out a software issue"? I know what it means, but what do you mean, what to do?
The psu was working well. You mean it is done? You mean it is dead?

InvalidError

Titan
The Corsair VS series is one of the lowest quality lines under the Corsair brand and dying PSUs is one of the most common reasons why computers mysteriously start randomly rebooting.

If checking CPU/GPU temperatures under load doesn't reveal anything suspicious and you didn't change anything software-wise since your PC began to randomly reboot, the PSU is the most likely suspect.

Solution

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

I bought this psu on 28-06-2017. It has warranty. If I get it back, will they fix it, or at least give me another one? Is there anything that can be done with that psu or will I have to buy a new one? And if I have to buy a new one, what do you suggest? Please something not very expensive , but good, not like that psu I have.

I checked yesterday on 720p the temperatures of cpu and gpu and they are fine, I think.
The PC shuts down when I put 1080p on game. When I put 720p it does not shut down. I haven't change anything. I haven't put anything more on pc.

burninglion22

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
A friend had this problem,it's either a problem with the psu or the graphics driver u should send the pc to repairs or anything because there's no other solution that i can think of...

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

I don't want the cx450m to die like vs450. That's what i am asking. If I buy it will it last long? I don't want to spend money every six months to buy a new psu.

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

And what did he do?

keatingscool

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
I would suggest looking at the temperature of your CPU. Once you started wanting bigger end performance, it causes your processor to be use more frequency. Your processor starts to get very hot and in your bios its probably enabled that it will shut off your PC when CPU temperature becomes "dangerous".

Overall, the Pentium is a very old processor it can still maybe run on LOW. I wouldn't try running a lot of newer games on high.

InvalidError

Titan

I recommend learning to use the 'search' function in your PDF reader. Searching for "C6" takes you directly to p.23 in the Advanced CPU Core Settings.

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

The temperature of CPU is not the problem. I have checked it. I am playing on high graphics both old and new games for over 5 months and it didn't have any problems. It is the PSU that is faulty. I will change it. The pentium g4560 is a new CPU that was released 30-03-2017.

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

Thank you. And what to do with this option? It says it is auto by default. Should I change it? And if I change it , what will happen?

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

Ok , I will do it. But will it cause problems to any part of the system? For example, will it damage cpu or psu or any other part?

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

I disabled C6/C7 and C8, I opened pubg , I put the resolution to 1080p fullscreen and I played a game. It did not shut down. So what is the problem? Because with C6/C7 and C8 being auto by default, the pc was not shutting down until a couple of days ago. What is the problem now and shuts down?

InvalidError

Titan
I answered that question three responses ago: your PSU isn't able to cope with Haswell's deep-sleep states. (At least not anymore.)

Put otherwise: your PSU has gotten worse over time. If you want to re-enable C6/7/8, you will need a newer, better quality PSU.

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

Ok. Can you suggest me good PSUs , but not very expensive ? Around 450-550 watt.

InvalidError

Titan
The Seasonic S12-II/M12-II are some of the most solid and inexpensive PSUs on the market but they're based on an older group-regulated design which may not play nice with Haswell while deep-sleep states are enabled. Among more modern budget-oriented designs, a common recommendation is the updated Corsair CX(M) which come in 450/550/650W ratings, not to be confused with the 430/500/600W CX(M) models which are passable quality old designs.

doctorwhotardise

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

I really appreciate your help. Thanks for everything.

One more thing. Is it worth to go on seasonic S12-II/M12-II or on cxm series of corsair? I will leave here some sites with PSUs to tell me if you mean them(just for sure).

http://www.e-shop.gr/psu-corsair-cs-series-modular-cx550m-550w-p-PER.643362

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/8570625/Corsair-CX-Series-450M.html

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/8570657/Corsair-CX-Series-CX650M.html