Question My PC sometimes does not boot, only the RAM lights are on ?

Jul 24, 2024
My pc boots normally sometimes and sometimes it does not boot, only ram lights are on). When it boots it works perfectly fine. But one time when I disconnected the PCIe cable from the PSU, the PC booted but the problem is the CPU doesn't have integrated graphics so I can't use that instead of the dGPU.

I already tried the following :

1.) reseated all ram(1 by 1)
2.) disconnected the pcie in gpu from psu the system boot, then i connected it again then it boot normally..
3.) cmos battery reset
4.) paperclip test on PSU(psu fan and case fans spin when i do this)

This happened 7 days ago what i did is i reseated the ram i only have 2 rams during this time, then it boots normally so i thought i have a defective ram, i bought 2 rams again and now i have 4 rams. I installed the 2 brand new rams and it worked perfectly in the first try..

One day after installing the 2 new rams, problem came back again and my solution to this was i disconnected the PCIE in GPU then boot, it boots then i shut it down by long press in the power buttong. i connected the PCIE in GPU again it worked perfectly fine... the next day i booted it it worked then after using it for 4 hours, i shut it down.. when i boot it in the evening it wont boot again.

I tried all the solutions i listed but still no luck... the morning after that i tried to boot it without doing anything and it did boot and worked perfectly fine up until now..
After making a successful boot, i disabled fast startup.. i checked voltages and temp in HWMonitor and all is acting normal.. i tried gpuz tester and try to render test and all is working fine in the gpu..

Now i dont know if the problem will still occur. I am looking for help if anyone had this problem already or if i missed something..

My suspects right now are:

1.) Faulty psu?(sometimes it can supply the needed power and sometimes not?
2.) grounded in the system? do i need to rebuild?
3.)faulty gpu or i can rule this out?
4.) bios update?in the website i saw 1 new update for my bios

MY specs are:

MOBO: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC (1 yr used)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 (1 yr used)
COOLER: Deepcool AK400 (new)
RAM: Gskill Trident Z Neo 16gb 8x2gb 3200Mhz (2 yrs used)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6gb (2 yrs used)
SSD: Teamgroup 512gb m.2 ssd (1 yr used)
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5" (1 yr used)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650w 80+ Gold (3yrs used)
CASE: Robin Mini Dual Chamber
FANS:x3 Cooler Master DF12025 aRGB - new
PCcooler 120mm 3in1 aRGBDeepcool new

Additional RAM : Gskill Trident Z Neo 16gb 8x2gb 3200Mhz (NEW)

hwmonitor
hwmonitor 2
hw monitor 3

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MOBO: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
+
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? If you have a BIOS update pending, then flash tot he latest version, then clear the CMOS. In order to clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery

That unit should be fine though I think you can rule that out by sourcing(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 650W PSU and see if that alleviates the issue.

Just an FYI, this test is flawed since it tells you the PSU can output power but it won't tell you how much power it can effectively output to the entire system.

Reactions: MrP14
Jul 24, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MOBO: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
+
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? If you have a BIOS update pending, then flash tot he latest version, then clear the CMOS. In order to clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery

That unit should be fine though I think you can rule that out by sourcing(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 650W PSU and see if that alleviates the issue.

Just an FYI, this test is flawed since it tells you the PSU can output power but it won't tell you how much power it can effectively output to the entire system.
4.) my bios version is F19 it has a new bios update f20b (july 11 2024 released), im going to buy usb for this first i dont have any right now.. or is the GIGABYTE APP CENTER (UPDATE FROM SERVER) safe to use?

noted on the PSU sir, ill try to borrow one for me to test out.. thanks very much for the info and reply

Jul 24, 2024
Do NOT try using different RAM modules.

Install a matched pair in slots a2-b2.

Clear CMOS.
thanks for your reply sir,

i did not used diff ram modules its the same and i also put it in a2-b2 slot(the bnew rams)

i tried to clear the CMOS when i was having the problem but it did not solved the problem..

Right now my pc is working fine but im trying to know why it happened so if it happened again i can make the solutions from here..

Thanks again sir

Latest posts