Question My PC sometimes doesn't POST ?

Aug 6, 2021
I have ryzen 5 3600 bought 2 months ago worked fine. But one day i just turned off pc to go outside then i got back home and my pc doesnt turn on it shows cpu light. Then i asked my friend can i test my cpu on your motherboard(msi b350 tomahawn with newest bios) and the same problem. Then i asked my other friend(gigabyte b450m gaming) it didnt post 1st time but 2nd time it posted so i again tryed to put the cpu in my motherboard and it started to work but then after 4 hours of use i shutdown the pc and the next day it again didnt work. Then after 2 days it again started working(my motherboard is fine i tested my mb with another r5 cpu and it worked very good.) I dont know why cpu is doing that?!(And i havent even played some hard cpu games and cpu never had high temps.)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more information from you, considering that a system is built off of more than one or two parts. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU if it's been in use for a while. Have you tried disconnecting your system from the wall and the display, then pressing and holding down the power button for 30 seconds before reconnecting and trying to power up the system(with the culprit processor installed)?

Chances are you're suffering from a grounding issue, perhaps, if disconnecting and reseating parts gives your system life.

Aug 6, 2021
Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Msi b450m mortar max
Ram: cruicial ballistix 16 gb kit 2x8gb 3600mhz
Ssd: kingston 120gb sata
Hdd: seagate 2tb drive
Gpu: Asus strix gtx 1060 6gb oc
PSU: Cooler Master masterwatt lite 700w
Chassis: Thermaltake s100 tg snow edition

I know that psu is good bcs i tried diff cpu in my pc and it worked very nice. Ram also is working nice without any problems but only problem is the cpu. When my pc turns on it works nicely but problem sometimes is that when i turn off the pc after some time pc wont turn on and showing cpu light but after 2 or 1 day the pc turns on normal that problem doesnt happen every time it happens at diffrent times. Thank you!

What kind of temps are on the cpu and what cooler? I remember one time working on a system with an FX 6 core cpu, the stock cooler somehow wasn't enough to cool the cpu and the pc would blue screen. Turned out in the end the cpu had basically cooked partially due to heat, so swapped the cpu and put a cooler master hyper 212 cooler on the cpu and the most I think I had to do with that system again was replace the fan on the 212 once.

Normally if there's a cpu problem the cpu will just not work though. Might check to see if your board has bios updates that address any issues. But if your cpu is getting too warm it could cause issues like you are saying.

Aug 6, 2021
I have the amd wraith prism cooler on idle cpu temp is 35c° on full load 65c° i know that those temps are good for ryzen 5 3600. I have reinstaled bios and that didnt do anything. I hsve tryed anything but nothing helps. I just think this cpu is just defected. But when my pc turns on cpu works nicely and doesnt crash problem starts when i turn off my pc after that i cant turn my pc back on but after 2 days it turns on again. Thank you for your help!