[SOLVED] My PC Stuttering(or something alike) problem

Dec 9, 2021
Hello!
I have a problem with my PC that's been bugging me for a year now
, and I tried almost everything besides replacing any of the components because I'm not the person that build this PC but I do understand some things about building a PC, also because right now I'm not in the position to be able to buy any computer components right away (broke) sigh this <Mod Edit> pandemic, and to be honest, I don't know what this problem is called so, please if anyone maybe knows something about it pls help me I'm clueless right now.

My PC specs:
  • CPU Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz Ivy Bridge
  • RAM 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
  • Motherboard BIOSTAR Group H61MGV
  • GPU ATI Radeon RX 580 4GB GDDR5
  • Monitor LG 22MK600 75hz Full HD with Freesync Supported
So the main problem that's been bugging me every day is the fact that I get choppy gameplay at 60 fps even some of my games like GTA V is locked at 75 fps (72 fps if Freesync is on), but instead of getting butter-smooth gameplay, what I get is a stuttering mess!
I tried some methods before, some do work and the rest are effectless, the methods that are working is disabling some background tasks and making some changes in the display setting, it's the "Custom Resolution" setting in AMD Adrenalin and I noticed a better performance when I set the timing standard to "CVT - Reduce Blanking", but tweaking those settings by no means fixing the stutter problem. oh and the other method that is sometimes working and sometimes doesn't, is by turning Vsync on.
Right now I disabled all the graphics options in Adrenalin including Freesync because I find that I get a little more FPS and better overall performance with those options turned off.
with those options turned off, it helps to make the game feels smoother especially because the refresh rate is 75hz, but the main problem is choosing to stay, which is the stuttering, lag, delay problem(I don't know what this problem is called), and I can't find someone with the same problem as mine.

I have a video that shows those stutters; even though Green Hell is not the perfect game on my PC to show the 60+ fps choppy gameplay problem, but how green hell stutters are exactly the same as the game with 60+ fps stutters behave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hello!
, and I tried almost everything besides replacing any of the components because I'm not the person that build this PC but I do understand some things about building a PC, also because right now I'm not in the position to be able to buy any computer components right away (broke) sigh this shtty pandemic, and to be honest, I don't know what this problem is called so, please if anyone maybe knows something about it pls help me I'm clueless right now.

My PC specs:
  • GPU ...
Hello!
, and I tried almost everything besides replacing any of the components because I'm not the person that build this PC but I do understand some things about building a PC, also because right now I'm not in the position to be able to buy any computer components right away (broke) sigh this shtty pandemic, and to be honest, I don't know what this problem is called so, please if anyone maybe knows something about it pls help me I'm clueless right now.

My PC specs:
  • GPU ATI Radeon RX 580 4GB GDDR5
  • Monitor LG 22MK600 75hz Full HD with Freesync Supported
So the main problem that's been bugging me every day is the fact that I get choppy gameplay at 60 fps even some of my games like GTA V is locked at 75 fps (72 fps if Freesync is on), but instead of getting butter-smooth gameplay, what I get is a stuttering mess!
I tried some methods before, some do work and the rest are effectless, the methods that are working is disabling some background tasks and making some changes in the display setting, it's the "Custom Resolution" setting in AMD Adrenalin and I noticed a better performance when I set the timing standard to "CVT - Reduce Blanking", but tweaking those settings by no means fixing the stutter problem. oh and the other method that is sometimes working and sometimes doesn't, is by turning Vsync on.
Right now I disabled all the graphics options in Adrenalin including Freesync because I find that I get a little more FPS and better overall performance with those options turned off.
with those options turned off, it helps to make the game feels smoother especially because the refresh rate is 75hz, but the main problem is choosing to stay, which is the stuttering, lag, delay problem(I don't know what this problem is called), and I can't find someone with the same problem as mine.

I have a video that shows those stutters; even though Green Hell is not the perfect game on my PC to show the 60+ fps choppy gameplay problem, but how green hell stutters are exactly the same as the game with 60+ fps stutters behave.
Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors and the chipset in system device (if available) on device manager (should be 4 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

Chipset:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios (download the file, Copy it to your flashdrive but make sure your flashdrive is formatted as Fat32, then plug it at the top usb slot at back of motherboard panel, go to bios usually F1,F2, and Del, spam those during powering on pc, and find bios update/flash menu/option, choose that and choose H61YR227.BSS). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, and find HPET or High Precision Event Timer settings and disable that, then save and exit

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest raadeon driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• and open cmd as admin, do defrag (drive letter that the game have on, example D: /d /o /u /v

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution
Dec 9, 2021
Try this step by step (read till the end):
  • Uninstall all the processors and the chipset in system device (if available) on device manager (should be 4 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

Chipset:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios (download the file, Copy it to your flashdrive but make sure your flashdrive is formatted as Fat32, then plug it at the top usb slot at back of motherboard panel, go to bios usually F1,F2, and Del, spam those during powering on pc, and find bios update/flash menu/option, choose that and choose H61YR227.BSS). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, then save and exit

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• and open cmd as admin, do defrag (drive letter that the game have on, example D:) /d /o /u /v

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
Ok, I might try these steps sometime this week...

Thank You for your reply~

Reactions: Koekieezz
Dec 9, 2021
Try this step by step (read till end):
    unknown.png

Chipset:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios (download the file, Copy it to your flashdrive but make sure your flashdrive is formatted as Fat32, then plug it at the top usb slot at back of motherboard panel, go to bios usually F1,F2, and Del, spam those during powering on pc, and find bios update/flash menu/option, choose that and choose H61YR227.BSS). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, and find HPET or High Precision Event Timer settings and disable that, then save and exit

• and open cmd as admin, do defrag (drive letter that the game have on, example D: /d /o /u /v

unknown.png
Hi, sorry if this reply interrupted you 🙏, but I have some questions...

I want to do the method you provided today, and I'm preparing the files needed before doing the first step as you said, but do I better use the bios files that I downloaded (H61YR331.BSS) or the one you provided in the highlighted word instead?

oh, yea one more thing, is the chipset I have to delete is the "Intel(R) H61 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller - 1C5C" I just want to make sure that I did not uninstall the wrong one because I searched this driver file online and I'm confused with the files they provided because it's not in exe format like the other driver I installed before...

I want to insert some images here for a better view of the problem, but it seems like there's an error occurring on this website, I can't insert any of my images...

Dec 9, 2021
Games like GTAV are cpu heavy and largely single threaded.
The performance of a 3rd gen processor can not be expected to give top performance.
I got 63-75 fps on a heavily(kinda) modded GTA V one of the mods that I installed is a realistic population mod which is insanely CPU intensive.
I'm quite surprised I got even more than 60 fps with my PC tbh.

Hi, sorry if this reply interrupted you 🙏, but I have some questions...

I want to do the method you provided today, and I'm preparing the files needed before doing the first step as you said, but do I better use the bios files that I downloaded (H61YR331.BSS) or the one you provided in the highlighted word instead?

oh, yea one more thing, is the chipset I have to delete is the "Intel(R) H61 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller - 1C5C" I just want to make sure that I did not uninstall the wrong one because I searched this driver file online and I'm confused with the files they provided because it's not in exe format like the other driver I installed before...

I want to insert some images here for a better view of the problem, but it seems like there's an error occurring on this website, I can't insert any of my images...
the one i highlighted, yes it is the correct one, uninstall the LPC ones. all the links i provided are the one i usually use.

Reactions: ARSkitect
Pls help meee, after updating the bios my pc cannot even boot to windows, it says the error is "innaccessible boot device" pls I don't know what to do 😭
Sorry for the late reply🙏

try to find the sata mode, try to change it between IDE or AHCI and see which works for you, and also try to find the Boot mode, change it to BIOS/Legacy or to UEFI only (or both), or disable CSM Support.

Usually this happens because the sata mode is changed.

Dec 9, 2021
Sorry for the late reply🙏

try to find the sata mode, try to change it between IDE or AHCI and see which works for you, and also try to find the Boot mode, change it to BIOS/Legacy or to UEFI only (or both), or disable CSM Support.

Usually this happens because the sata mode is changed.
Thank You! now I can boot to windows just like usual after changing the SATA mode to AHCI.

After that, I do all the remaining steps of your method, but unfortunately, this method doesn't make a thing better; the stutter is still there...

Thank You! now I can boot to windows just like usual after changing the SATA mode to AHCI.

After that, I do all the remaining steps of your method, but unfortunately, this method doesn't make a thing better; the stutter is still there...
maybe it's better to vsync it, also repaste both your cpu and your gpu, with a good paste like gelid gc extreme, arctic mx4, and noctua nt h1 or h2, for the sake of their longetivity.

clean all of their heat sinks, fins, fans, and repaste them with the paste i mentioned.

Dec 9, 2021
maybe it's better to vsync it, also repaste both your cpu and your gpu, with a good paste like gelid gc extreme, arctic mx4, and noctua nt h1 or h2, for the sake of their longetivity.

clean all of their heat sinks, fins, fans, and repaste them with the paste i mentioned.
Yeah I will try that, thank you for all your advices though!

I have two matching 4GB of ram in dual-channel configuration so it's 8GB in total...
it is also recommended to upgrade the ram to 2x8gb of ddr3 (non ecc ones), and use ssd for the os, as it helped me alot in stuttering issues. i used to use hdd as main drive and game drive, and these 16gigs of ram i used, removes most of thoses stutters as the game consume more ram then the 8 gigs one, also adding the ssd might help since the page file could be swapped more faster and lower latency than using hdd.

*i added nvme support to the bios file you flashed if you use mine, so if you wanted to use nvme to pci express x1 adapter, and use it as main drive, it is able to boot from it :D just make sure the sata mode is ahci and the bios mode is on uefi only.

Dec 9, 2021
it is also recommended to upgrade the ram to 2x8gb of ddr3 (non ecc ones), and use ssd for the os, as it helped me alot in stuttering issues. i used to use hdd as main drive and game drive, and these 16gigs of ram i used, removes most of thoses stutters as the game consume more ram then the 8 gigs one, also adding the ssd might help since the page file could be swapped more faster and lower latency than using hdd.

*i added nvme support to the bios file you flashed if you use mine, so if you wanted to use nvme to pci express x1 adapter, and use it as main drive, it is able to boot from it :D just make sure the sata mode is ahci and the bios mode is on uefi only.
Yeah, I'm planning to upgrade my ram sticks to 16GB(dual-channel).

I have my SSD as my main drive, but I use my HDD for most of my games as my SSD doesn't have that many of space left for games.

I hope the stutters are gone completely by upgrading the ram sticks...

Reactions: Koekieezz