My Pc stutters at low-end tasks, but performs well on high-end tasks

Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone. This is my first post here. Everything I tried so far failed. Maybe you can help me.

Problem:
While running most games extraordinary well (Pubg 160fps+ on max video settings), there are a few things my pc won't handle without slowing down (mouse lags behind, won't react to clicks) or freezing (video and sometimes even sound issues for a few seconds).
These are: Browsing in the Netflix main menu (see video), loading into games (freezes while in the loading screen), playing games (only very few games) (once ore twice a game i get a freeze for a splitsecond) and watching videos with any application on fullscreen on the other display. The list goes on, but these are the most notable issues.

Hardware: Asus Rog Strix Z370 Motherboard // Asus GTX 1080 TI // Intel I7 8700k // 16(2x8)GB DDR4 // Corsair TX 850 PSU // Coolermaster casing with enough cleaned vents and sufficient place to prevent heat issues // 2x Dell S2716DG // Samsung SSD 850 Evo // HDD ST2000DM006-2Dm164 //bought this spring

Software: Windows 10 // BIOS Driver 1412 (newest) // Nvidea driver 416.34 (newst) // Dell Display Driver from 2015 (newest) // Intel Drivers tested with Intel Support Assistent // OS on SSD // I did a complete software reset just yesterday

You can see how long Netflix takes to respond to my mouse movement in this video: https://youtu.be/qYjqPnpOwSU

Additional information:

• - Games with high video card requirements (PubG/Witcher3) run without fps drops.
    - Games with high processor requirements (strategy games like RimWorld, Hearts of Iron) run quite smooth.
    - The issue is with programs on either of my harddrives
    - Even when starting steam my mouse 'falls behind' for a few seconds.
    - The issue wasn't present when I bought my pc, but got gradually worse (don't know when I noticed this for the first time) , it is as worse as it was before I reset my complete system.

Question: How can i find the reason of this odd behavior?

Oct 18, 2018
Could it be the power saving settings? Windows might be using your IGPU to do the desktop tasks, and switches to the Discrete GPU for the games. Check your power saving settings to see if that could be the issue.

Oct 18, 2018
@Peter Martin
this is not exclusively on netflix, but netflix was the most easy one to replicate.
As I said this extends from frozen displays and interrupted sound for several settings during loading screens (most notably csgo and lol) to imput lag when opening programs.

@immrspy
I checked my power saving settings and set them to high performance. There was however nothing, that indicated anything like that.