[SOLVED] My PC suddenly turns on from sleep mode when i turn on my ELECTRIC FAN!

Dec 14, 2020
i know this sounds dumb but hear me out, i put my PC into sleep mode and i left it for a few hours, i came back and i turned on my electric fan because it was so hot. then my PC suddenly turned on! i have no idea what could be causing this. so far nothing bad has happened to my PC and i find it funny and weird at the same time. what could be the cause of this?

Solution
Most likely, a USB device woke it up.... moving the mouse, pressing a key, or.... the interference the fan generated likely caused one of your USB devices to trigger the PC.

Do you have any USB device that's also plugged into a wall socket, like a printer?
i know this sounds dumb but hear me out, i put my PC into sleep mode and i left it for a few hours, i came back and i turned on my electric fan because it was so hot. then my PC suddenly turned on! i have no idea what could be causing this. so far nothing bad has happened to my PC and i find it funny and weird at the same time. what could be the cause of this?
Is that fan at same main phase as PC ? Even slightest voltage fluctuation can set it off. Maybe even mouse moved.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
Most likely, a USB device woke it up.... moving the mouse, pressing a key, or.... the interference the fan generated likely caused one of your USB devices to trigger the PC.

Do you have any USB device that's also plugged into a wall socket, like a printer?

Solution