Question My pc turns on and thats it, no display or anything else

Jun 3, 2022
My pc is so old that you can say, I saw when that part came out when you were a child, my problem is is that my pc turns on, fans and lights too and that's it, my keyboard doesn't turn on, my wireless mouse doesn't connect and there's no startup sound from my headphones, I can switch it off unless it's a long switch off press so I think it's hardware related idk that's why I'm asking, the only thing that does startup is my external dvd drive and thats it, I've tried replugging the cables to the graphics card, reinsterting the ram, replugging the hard drive and state drive cables (it's that old) to no avail
I'm rocking the
FX 4300
GT 730
2 4gb hyperx ram
2 2gb ram (don't know the name)
450w power supply
970m pro3 motherboard
Ask for more but please give some advice not just "what's the brand of the other 2 ram" and thats it, it also stopped working and that's it, it's happened multiple times before and i dont know why it works and it doesn't, please help

I don't have another computer to test the parts individually so, I've also tried using a different graphics card with the same conclusion

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? By any chance is it a Corsair CX430 unit? You might want to source a donor PSU that's reliably built and has at least 550W of power for your entire platform to rule out your PSU being the issue.

Please don't mix and match ram sticks. Remove the unknown sticks of ram and work with the Kingston's.

Jun 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? By any chance is it a Corsair CX430 unit? You might want to source a donor PSU that's reliably built and has at least 550W of power for your entire platform to rule out your PSU being the issue.

Please don't mix and match ram sticks. Remove the unknown sticks of ram and work with the Kingston's.
It's a vs450, it's been working for years now and I don't know why it's stopped but I'll search for a better one, can you explain why that would prevent the startup of everything else tho? As I've said it's worked before. Then not, then worked, am I cursed or what

Edit: it was built in 2017, my sister gave it to me in 2019 I think so