[SOLVED] My Pc will turn on but just have a black screen, what’s wrong with it?

Oct 4, 2019
I just built my new pc. And for some reason every time I turn my pc on a black screen would just show and nothing else. Also I have a b450 aorus pro wifi motherboard and the led lightning will not power there just off for some reason. When I plug in my ram they seem to work but my screen is just black. All new parts nothing is old. Someone help please because I’m getting frustrated

Specs:
Mobo: b450 aorus pro wifi (rev 1.0)
Cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600
Ram: Corsair vengeance pro 2x8 ram
Case: nzxt h510
Gpu: gtx 1660 ti
Psu: coolermaster 650W

Solution
out of the box, your mainboard's BIOS likely does not support the R5-3600...(mainboard produced long before 3000 series CPUs offered)

You need an older CPU (basically, 1000 or 2000 series CPUs) to flash the BIOS to the latest one offered.
out of the box, your mainboard's BIOS likely does not support the R5-3600...(mainboard produced long before 3000 series CPUs offered)

You need an older CPU (basically, 1000 or 2000 series CPUs) to flash the BIOS to the latest one offered.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
When I turn my pc on the led for the aorus and the aorus symbol lights up then turns off. Would you know why?
Besides the cpu likely not being supported out of the box...
When you flip the power supply on, the motherboard lights up, and almost immediately shuts off? Then you're likely looking at a DOA mobo.
If it's instead happening after hitting the power switch, then that's probably from the unsupported cpu.