[SOLVED] My pc won’t boot rx 570

Dec 31, 2020
I have a Dell optiplex 3010
With a rx570 4gb and I turn on the system my CPU fan spins and everything seems normal but there is no signal or no post on screen I’m running the card off of a. 400 W PSU which should be fine considering the cards TDP the fans turn on and off on and off what’s wrong

Solution
Yes my cpu it’s 77 watts and I’m running a HDD
And a ssd I did the math I still got 90 watts of head room just kind of weirdI can’t even boot into windows it’s just these at least 30 buckI can’t even boot into windows it’s just Stays black doesn’t even post
After doing some research it appears that 400 watts is enough to supply an RX 570, that’s if your cpu isn’t very high wattage which 77 watts. As you said you did the math and get at least 90 watts of headroom. Even if it were to turn on and work it would be too risky to run it under load for awhile with that psu because that OEM dell psu is not meant to be put under load supplying around 310 watts.

Again 400 watts is fine but this only applies if your 400w psu is good.

In...

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
It’s an optiplex 3010, but what are the specs like cpu for example.

The minimum psu requirement is at least 450 watts, recommended is 550 watts. Depending on your cpu if it’s around 95 watts and with other components running in your pc it should be around at least mid 300 watts or close to 400 (under load).

Just to be on the safe side get a decent 500 watt psu since I assume that your psu is OEM by dell.

Reseat the card and pcie connectors from the GPU, if nothing works you must upgrade your psu.

Even if it were to work with that psu you would be cutting it too close, it’s possible the psu might be overloaded and fail destroying almost everything that is in your pc (thats if that psu has some protections against that but doubt it has.

Note: you have posted 2 of the same threads, if you see this you must delete the other one.

Dec 31, 2020
And a ssd I did the math I still got 90 watts of head room just kind of weirdI can’t even boot into windows it’s just these at least 30 buckI can’t even boot into windows it’s just Stays black doesn’t even post

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
After doing some research it appears that 400 watts is enough to supply an RX 570, that’s if your cpu isn’t very high wattage which 77 watts. As you said you did the math and get at least 90 watts of headroom. Even if it were to turn on and work it would be too risky to run it under load for awhile with that psu because that OEM dell psu is not meant to be put under load supplying around 310 watts.

Again 400 watts is fine but this only applies if your 400w psu is good.

In my experience I had a dell optiplex 790 with an RX 580 (about 25 watts more than the 570 according to research), with an SSD and desktop HDD around mid 400 watts or to be exact maybe 430. I had my EVGA BT 500 watt supplying power for them and many said that I was cutting it too close but I should be okay since my psu is eh fine, as along as I don’t overclock my GPU, though my psu would often get warm when gaming, and idek how that OEM psu could hold up when under load.

Yes I know many pointed out the EVGA BT series junk but it worked fine for me when gaming for a few months until I built a better pc, so I sold my optiplex to a friend and it’s still holding up.

Besides that it’s best to try and look for a good 500 watt psu just to be on the safe side. I’d rather be patient than risking breaking my entire pc as that did happened to me before a long time ago when I started building my own gaming pc.

Last edited:
Solution