Question My PC won't boot after installing a new GPU without uninstalling the old driver ?

Oct 10, 2023
I haven't opened my PC for 4 days and it still works before 4 days ago.

I replaced and upgraded my GTX 1050 to an RTX 4060 and didn't do a ddu or uninstall the old graphics card and just plugged in the RTX 4060. The RTX 4060 is not running because I need an 8-pin, not 6 pins so I stopped before I did any damage to the GPU and put back my old GTX 1050.

After I put back my gtx 1050 my PC won't boot at all. Resetting the CMOS battery doesn't work, using an integrated graphics card won't work either, and Turning it on and off is not working.

The monitor shows no signals sign then goes black showing nothing and the CPU and GPU are a little hot like somewhere at 36 Celsius.

My motherboard is an h81m p33

The RTX 4060 isn't showing any signal but the gtx 1050 is showing a signal but is displaying black and I'm not hearing the Windows startup sound. I tried using a CPU with an integrated graphics to no avail it showed the screen and only showed no signal then a black screen.

EDIT:

What could be wrong with my PC? Did I touch a wire or is my PC dirty idk. Maybe the rtx 4060 installed its driver adter booting and my motherboard can't remove it ?

Last edited:
What could be wrong with my PC? Did I touch a wire or is my PC dirty idc. Maybe the rtx 4060 installed its driver adter booting and my motherboard can't remove it.
What PSU ? 4060 needs significantly more power than 1050 and also 8 pin PCIe power lead. By not having proper power to GPU it might have damaged PCIe port/slot because it can deliver only 75W.
Drivers and DDU have nothing to do with it unless Windows are running.

TRENDING THREADS