My PC won't connect to my internet.

Fudafox

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Hello. I recently bought a new computer. Its NOT a laptop. I have a wireless adapter connected to the motherboard (not USB).

I am not used to my new network system. I dont know what its called, but it is a home-central where my intenret, TV and eventyual phone (we done use this port) is connected into a single router-look-alike box. The wireless network comes from the modem, wich also is connected to the home central.

My problem is, as I have mentioned in the title: I cant connect to the wireless network. all other devices seems to be connecting without any problems. My router is a ZyXel P8212.

My description of the problem is:

I start my computer. It automatically FINDS the network. I press connect manually (I just personally prefer to do it manually, so this is decided by settings) - and so it does. Yet, it connects to the internet and tells me I have internet acess, I cant surf the net. Neither can I use ANY program that use internet to work. After a while, the internet disappers from "Wireless network connections" and I cant find it anywhere.

After a couple of minutes (5-20) It reappears, but when I try to connect again, same story appears.

What I have tried to do:

I have updated all drivers for my adapter.
I have restarted both computer and router.
I have completely unplugged the modem and the home centraø. amd replugged after a couple of minutes.

Again; all other devices in the house can both connect to - and use the internet without any problem.

PLEASE HELP ME! I am not very good with all this internet stuff, so please give a friendly and detailed explanation on what I need to do without using odd and diificult words. Thank you :)

Solution
Sorry about the weird language in the Images that follow

Step 1
fdLfWmT.png

Step 2
PLWNfpQ.png

Step 3
ashXEtx.png

Step 4
RQ0sahY.png

Final Step
P6HAj8C.png

This will set your Internet IPV4 address to use Google's DNS.

MartialMath

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
Sorry about the weird language in the Images that follow

Step 1
fdLfWmT.png

Step 2
PLWNfpQ.png

Step 3
ashXEtx.png

Step 4
RQ0sahY.png

Final Step
P6HAj8C.png

This will set your Internet IPV4 address to use Google's DNS.

Solution

Fudafox

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Thank you for a nice explenation. I am norwegian, so nevermind the "weird text" ;) hehe

However, this didnt solve my problem :( there was some difference. When I now tryed to connect, it didnt show up as my home network, but as a public network. It said I had internet access... But it was a lie :(( After a brief delay. the network disappeared again, as usual.