[SOLVED] My PC wont connect when I have a second screen plugged in.

Mar 23, 2021
Let me start by saying my computer knowledge is basic. With that being said I recently bought a second monitor for my cyberpowerpc. When I hook it up to the computer with either a HDMI or display port cable I lose connection to my router but as soon as I unplug it from my computer I almost immediately connect back to the router with no issues. I have no idea what to do or where to start.

Solution
that really doesn't make sense that connecting a video cable would disable ethernet or wifi.
what are the complete system specs?

my first step would be to try to find specific monitor drivers available from both of their manufacturer's product support pages.
if they are causing any type of driver conflict with devices in the OS, this could help to correct them.

if that doesn't help, my next step would be to do a fresh install of Windows and all of the latest motherboard drivers.
that really doesn't make sense that connecting a video cable would disable ethernet or wifi.
what are the complete system specs?

my first step would be to try to find specific monitor drivers available from both of their manufacturer's product support pages.
if they are causing any type of driver conflict with devices in the OS, this could help to correct them.

if that doesn't help, my next step would be to do a fresh install of Windows and all of the latest motherboard drivers.

Solution