Question My PC won't let me boot after touching the CPU's back and something below the cpu

Aug 7, 2021
I'm silly. When I got the new CPU fan today, I was pretty happy. But my curiosity gets me and... I opened the CPU case, touched the back of the CPU and the something spikey below the cpu. After I done touching it, I use the thermal paste like normal people did. And when I boot up, the light is very dim (not like usual, should be bright like normal) and after about 3-4 tries. It completely refuses to let me boot into PC (no light at all), and the CPU fan doesn't run either. Somebody please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just for the sake of reference, can you parse a couple of images of the spikey things you touched below the CPU? Are you referring to the CPU's socket pins? If so, you're going to have to bend them back into shape or buy a new motherboard. We await your images. Speaking of which, host your images on Imgur and then parse the links for us to see.

Pertaining to this thread, can you please parse the specs to your build? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

TRENDING THREADS