[SOLVED] My PC Won't Load Windows 10

Nov 8, 2019
For about two months now, my computer has not been able to properly boot Windows 10. I have had this PC for about 5 years and it has never encountered a problem like this.

Here are the specs:

Processor - AMD A10-7800

Memory - DDR3 16GB

Graphics - Integrated Graphics

Storage - HDD 2TB

Optical Drive - DVD RW

So, when I turn the computer on, I can hear the fan. It begins with the load up screen from ASUS with the loading symbol spinning around for about 20 seconds. After this, the monitor stops recognizing the computer's connection. The computer itself does not turn off, but makes a small, crackling belt-screeching sound. After 3 seconds, the computer sends me to 'RECOVERY', "Your PC couldn't start properly". I know this screen very well. From this screen, I could go into recovery options and choose from various tasks in order to fix this. I have tried every single thing. I tried resetting with and without keeping my files on my drive, I have tried booting windows from a flash drive and SD card, I have tried changing the settings in BIOS, I have tried command prompt - advanced cleaning and checking, switching letters around for the C: drive. It won't let me reset because there was an unexpected error. If I stay in recovery at the beginning for too long without choosing an option, the fan runs really fast and the PC shuts off entirely.

Here is what I know:

• My C: drive is near full capacity
  • My Windows updated shortly before this happened, but I cannot uninstall any type of update in recovery settings
  • The computer fan speeds very quickly despite the lack of any extensive use, just being idle in recovery
  • I have attempted recently to clean out the fans, and I don't notice an immediate problem or an overheating issue, although I can't be certain

If anyone knows of any way I can fix this, or if I should take it somewhere. I have followed guide upon guide of Windows boot errors and nothing has worked in the slightest. Maybe there's a part that needs replacing by the sounds of it? I just need a better opinion than my own.

Thank you in advance - this computer has countless files and photos that are extremely valuable to me, I'm hoping I can get this fixed somehow.

Solution
Hi there,

I think I've tried in the past, but had no clue how to go through the process. How would I go about that?
If resetting from the boot menu doesn't work, you will have to do it using a physical copy of windows 10.

If you have the CD; head into the BIOS and give the CD boot sequence priority over the hard drive, move it to the first position in the list and reboot.
In the process, it will ask you to keep your files or remove everything, choose to keep your files. Afterwards it will ask in which disk partition you want to install the Windows. Choose primary type, hit...

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Hello!

Have you tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10? If you have enough capacity in your HDD (at least 25GB), you can always Format and keep your files in Windows.old
This problem might have occurred due to the recent update that's been installed. It is most likely a faulty update causing an error and it happens in rare cases. A fresh install would fix this most of the time.

Ash

Nov 8, 2019
Hello!

Have you tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10? If you have enough capacity in your HDD (at least 25GB), you can always Format and keep your files in Windows.old
This problem might have occurred due to the recent update that's been installed. It is most likely a faulty update causing an error and it happens in rare cases. A fresh install would fix this most of the time.

Ash
Hi there,

I think I've tried in the past, but had no clue how to go through the process. How would I go about that?

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Hi there,

If resetting from the boot menu doesn't work, you will have to do it using a physical copy of windows 10.

If you have the CD; head into the BIOS and give the CD boot sequence priority over the hard drive, move it to the first position in the list and reboot.
In the process, it will ask you to keep your files or remove everything, choose to keep your files. Afterwards it will ask in which disk partition you want to install the Windows. Choose primary type, hit next
format-c-windows-setup-57c99c105f9b5829f4ddcfde.png

If you don't own a physical copy, resetting method comes within the recovery mode but since it doesn't let you do it due to files being corrupted, you might have to install the windows by going to the nearest repair shop.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
NO reason you can't have a installer, its free - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything on PC you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

If you do a clean install, follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/