My PC won't POST

Soniccaleb

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016
Hello, I recently built my first PC but unfortunately have failed to get it to work. I've tried using multiple monitors but they all get no signal when connected to my PC. All fans spin and my one led light is on, but I can't get it to actually work. Also, I don't hear any beeps at all. I was wondering is this is because I need a speaker of some sort or it means it's not POSTing. Thanks you.

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

Video card: EVGA GTX 960 2GB

CPU: AMD FX-6300

PSU: EVGA 500W Bronze Power Suply

Case: NZXT S340 Mid Tower Case

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

Make sure all the front panel connectors are seated and try starting it with no RAM installed to see if the POST is actually working, it should beep continuously without RAM.

Soniccaleb

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016

I don't hear any beeps at all. Does my motherboard come with its own speaker?

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

Yeah it should have, they look something like thishttp:// The PC should work without POST though so this is not the reason your PC wont work. i recommend you get a speaker/ make sure the one you have is plugges in so you can hear POST which will help you diagonse the problem. Also it is very likely, seen as this is your first build, that you have simply not plugged something in/in the wrong place; Check to make sure all connectors to the components/MOBO are in correctley.

Soniccaleb

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016

Yeah I don't have a speaker lol. Ok well I ordered one so Ill tell you what beeps I get and stuff. But Ive checked all my cables and theyre all plugged in the right spot. Anything you might think it is?

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

I believe the POST you described is a problem with RAM/GPU. I suggest you remove all sticks of RAM and turn the PC on, it should beep short and fast a number of times. If this happens, the problem is probably the Graphics card. Make sure it is seated correctly in the PCI slot and that the power connector is in. Hope this helps:)

Soniccaleb

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016
I've confirmed that the problem was graphics card so I'm waiting on the replacement right now. If even this doesn't work then it's most likely the motherboard or the PCI slot. I hope it doesn't come down to ordering a new motherboard. Thanks for you help though!