Question My PC won't start randomly

Apr 30, 2024
Hi, I'm new on this site and I've got a big problem. When I press the power button to turn on the PC the PSU makes a click as usual and the fans moves for less then a second, after that the PSU clicks again as it does when the PC powers off and then I need to unplug the PC and plug in again to try to turn on again. The thing is that it doesn't start up only if I let it unplugged for 30 minutes and then try again and then it starts up with no error code on the screen or acoustic code. Another strange thing is that it happened on Sunday all the day, on Saturday a week ago and one year before in such a way that it's unpredictable when it will happen again. The next after I brought it to a PC shop and surprisingly it turned on several times like it does when it's ok so the employee couldn't identify the problem even after checking all the cables and everything inside. When the PC fails to start it's not like it cut's out the power in the system, everything that is connected to the USB ports or ethernet cable has power except that the PC won't turn on.
My PC configuration is:
-Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2;
-BIOS version: F65c
-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
-GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Ventus XS
-PSU: Seasonic S12 III 650W
-RAM: ADATA Gammix D10 8GB x2
-SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
-HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB and another old Hitachi HDD from an old laptop
Now the PC it's working just fine but I don't know when this thing will happen next so I really need some help so find the issue.
Thanks in advanced. (Sorry if i have some spelling mistakes in this text)

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built unit and see if the issue persists. No the Seasonic unit you have isn't exactly a good one, but Seasonic is a good brand, jus the unit you have from their product portfolio.

You might be experiencing a grounding issue since the power source is the only thing you changed between your home and the shop. Try and relocate to another wall outlet.

Lutfij

Titan

Try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built unit and see if the issue persists. No the Seasonic unit you have isn't exactly a good one, but Seasonic is a good brand, jus the unit you have from their product portfolio.

You might be experiencing a grounding issue since the power source is the only thing you changed between your home and the shop. Try and relocate to another wall outlet.

Reactions: Vasile01Ro
Solution
Apr 30, 2024

The thing is that after I came home it also worked just fine and I cannot explain why the PC won't start(in the day that happened) only after 30 minutes without power and why it happens in such random days and happens so raerly like a couple of months with no prediction