[SOLVED] My PC won't turn on at all

Sep 30, 2022
Hello. I' m sorry if this is not the right thread I wasn't sure where to ask.
I built a PC 2 years ago everything completely new including the motherboard. It's a Gigabyte A320M-S2H (rev. 1.0). Yesterday my PC wouldn't turn on at all. I took all parts away cleaned all dust even from the PSU. After that my PC turned on and everything was fine. Today I went to turn on my PC again and it still doesn't turn on. Absolutely nothing happens, like its not receiving power at all. I've tried everything. I tested the PSU on my brother's PC and it works. I tried his PSU on mine and it didn't work. So i'm sure my PSU is not the problem. I tried to jumpstart it and it didn't work. The motherboard doesn't have a led to indicate if its receiving power so that's why I tried to jumpstart it. So does this mean my motherboard is dead or is there anything else I could try?

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H (rev. 1.0)
RAM: 16GB (8+8)
SSD: 124 GB
HDD: 1TB
GPU: Integrated Graphics
PSU: Corsair CX550M 550W
Chassis: Midi Tower
Monitor: LG FLATRON W41943SB

Last edited:
Solution
No the PSU fan is not spinning either.
It seems the only option you have left is to remove the motherboard from the case and try booting outside the case. You can also closely inspect the motherboard for any damage. Also check for any dirt in the CPU and 24pin power sockets which may prevent a proper connection to the PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I built a PC 2 years ago everything completely new including the motherboard.
So your build is 2 years old?

You're advised to parse the full specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Given how you've used other donor aprts to troubleshoot your system, please mention their makes and models as well as their age, for context.

I tried to jumpstart it and it didn't work.
Which pins did you short in order to jumpstart the system or are you referring to the paper clip test for the PSU?

Sep 30, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I built a PC 2 years ago everything completely new including the motherboard.
So your build is 2 years old?

You're advised to parse the full specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Given how you've used other donor aprts to troubleshoot your system, please mention their makes and models as well as their age, for context.

I tried to jumpstart it and it didn't work.
Which pins did you short in order to jumpstart the system or are you referring to the paper clip test for the PSU?

Thank you. I edited the post and added my build specs in it.
Yes my build is 2 years old.

My brother's PSU is a cheap part 450W. I don't know the model of it.

I tried to jumpstart it by touching the Power Switch pins with a screwdriver. I found a very detailed video of how to do it on YouTube.
I checked from my motherboard's manual the Power Switch pins to make sure they are the right ones.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022
No I don't have a discrete GPU. I use the integrated graphics. I will try to turn on the PC with just one stick of RAM and let you know but I tried last night to turn it on without any components too. No ram, no disks, not any USB or screen plugged in. Still dead silence. I tried different plug on the wall different rooms too

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022
No discrete GPU? Try and work with one stick of ram. Speaking of which, which slots are the stick(s) of ram populating on the motherboard?

I tried with just one stick of RAM and the problem remains.
The board has only two slots so I'm using both
First one holds 8GB and second one holds 4GB

Lutfij

Titan
Link to both sticks of ram?

We'll need to know the make and model of the unit as well as it's age. What was it powering in your brother's system?

Sep 30, 2022
Link to both sticks of ram?

We'll need to know the make and model of the unit as well as it's age. What was it powering in your brother's system?

Sorry, I actually was wrong my PC has 16GB of RAM 8+8. I have those two:
https://www.gskill.com/product/165/185/1567584456/F4-3200C16S-8GIS

His PSU was powering this build:
CPU: Intel i3 10100
Motherboard: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H410M-HVS/index.asp
Ram: https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK8GX4M1A2666C16
SSD/HDD: Team L3 EVO 240GB SATA III SSD
GPU: Integrated Graphics
PSU: https://prnt.sc/Bx4uQ2Wq6ScF
(I can't find it online he said it's probably over 3 years old he can't remember)

Sep 30, 2022
You say when you start your PC it does not turn on. "Absolutely nothing happens, like its not receiving power at all." Is that what happened the first time it stopped working, before you took it apart and cleaned it, or were the fans spinning?

Yes. The same thing happened the first time too. No fans spinning nothing at all. After I cleaned A LOT of dust out of it. It turned on so I thought it was just the dust but next day it didn't turn on again and the problem still occurs.

Sep 30, 2022
Omg it worked. Thank you very much for your help. I just removed the motherboard from the case and put it back in and the computer powered on. I cleaned some extra dust that wasn't easy to clean before. I also noticed a screw on the motherboard that doesn't seem to be needed there. I don't know if I should remove it or not.
https://prnt.sc/V68vnJpdHjje

Omg it worked. Thank you very much for your help. I just removed the motherboard from the case and put it back in and the computer powered on. I cleaned some extra dust that wasn't easy to clean before. I also noticed a screw on the motherboard that doesn't seem to be needed there. I don't know if I should remove it or not.
https://prnt.sc/V68vnJpdHjje
Yes, that screw is not doing anything. Glad your computer is working again.

Reactions: tsomolok0