Question my pcs front fan is rattling and don’t know how to fix it

Jun 11, 2019
my pcs front fan started rattling when i first turned it on in the morning and now i know what fan it is but not how to fix it. how can i fix it?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Could quite simply be that the fan itself has become slightly loose, something is obstructing it (like a wire) or a bearing is faulty for example.
It'd be worth checking if it is just rattling against the chassis or a wire, and if not, time for a new fan more than likely.

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
if the fan is mounted correctly and no cables are hitting the blades and there isnt too much dust clogging the filters or under the fan blades , then its time for a new one , as a last resort maybe try running the fan at a lower rpm from the bios if it supports that

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the fan you're speaking of? If the fan's noise isn't coming from a wire brushing against the fan blades then it's about time you ditched the fan. Fans that are cheap and come bundled with the case aren't meant to be serviceable.

I'd also advise against lubricating the fan motor. There will also be more at stake than lubrication if you need to lubricate it, more like bad Quality Control or badly built fans.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Jun 11, 2019
i have cleaned the dust from the fans and the pc, i have taken all the wires off of the fan but the noise is still there. i have a sharkoon case i don’t know the model but i might go out to get a fan for it unless there are ways to fix it now since i have tried almost everything except switching parts or something like that

Jun 11, 2019
somehow i just unscrewed it to go to a shop and see if there is a similar one or the same one and it didnt do any sound when i spun it like it did before and now it works perfectly. we are still ordering a new one for safety and if it does that again we are changing it.