[SOLVED] My port forwarding is not working.

Ralston18

Titan
Did you did you set up IP address 192.168.1.13 as a static IP address on the router?

Is 192.168.1.13 static IP address outside of the router's allowed DHCP IP address range and is 192.,168.1.13 reserved for the game host computer by using the game host's MAC?

Otherwise, the game host computer's IP address will be continually changing and the incoming data will be sent to whatever network device happens to have been given (via DHCP) 192.168.1.13 as its' IP address.

FilmCraft

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019
Did you did you set up IP address 192.168.1.13 as a static IP address on the router?

Is 192.168.1.13 static IP address outside of the router's allowed DHCP IP address range and is 192.,168.1.13 reserved for the game host computer by using the game host's MAC?

Otherwise, the game host computer's IP address will be continually changing and the incoming data will be sent to whatever network device happens to have been given (via DHCP) 192.168.1.13 as its' IP address.
I've changed my IP to a static ip - 192.168.1.150 (Updated the port forwarding settings)
But I didn't understand anything from line 2 and after it, can you explain it?

There are 2 forms of static ip. One you put the ip in the ipv4 settings on the pc itself. In the other you tell the router to always assign the pc the same ip address via dhcp. Both work. If you assigned it in the pc itself then you do not need to make any static dhcp settings.

If it still does not work be very sure your server is actually up and running on that port. If the software is not active the port scanning tools will say the port is closed.

The last thing to check is to see if you have a public IP. Rather than describe the ranges check that the ip address you see assigned to your wan interface is the same as you see on sites like whatsmyip.

FilmCraft

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019
My static IP is in my pc, the server is up and running, and the wan is the same in the router and in sites like whatsmyip.
The port forwarding worked on my friend's pc but it isn't working for me.

Ralston18

Titan
I do both when it comes to static IP addresses. Assign the static IP address to the desired device and then reserve that static IP address on the router for that device. Plus I use a static IP address outside of the allowed DHCP IP address range.

Reason being that if the device in question (i.e., 192.168.1.13) if offline another device could be assigned 192.168.1.13 by the router.

Distinction being that the router knows not to assign/use DHCP IP address 192.168.1.13 for any other device except the device (by MAC) for which 192.168.1.13 is reserved for.

So no disagreement with @bill001g. (Thank you.)

But reading your response I have a question: "Are you hosting Minecraft on your pc or on another computer/server?"

I.e., your PC and the server being one and the same physical device or are you using two computers?

See the following link with regards to your hot box and port forwarding:

https://portforward.com/hot/hotbox/v2/

There is also a Version 1 available at the top of the link: "Hot Hot Box".

And doublecheck the port forwarding requirements for the games you wish to play.

E.g. Minecraft:

There are quite a number of "how to" links to be found. Go to the source:

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server

DMZ is actually fairly risky since you now have exposed all ports to the internet. Generally when this works but port forwarding does not it is a configuration issue. Either you have the wrong ports or put something in the wrong box in the configuration. Some routers port forwarding implementations are extremely confusing.