[SOLVED] My power supply is making a weird electrical buzzing sound.

Jun 21, 2020
My power supply is making a weird electrical buzzing sound, it's intermittent and isn't related to the load state of the pc, the same sound is also coming from the other end of the power cable that is attached to an extension brick. My monitor shows interference whenever the noise happens and sometimes I can hear it from one of the ceiling fans as well. The same thing happened about 7 months ago but it stopped after a while. Recently it's been happening again. Note that there isn't any performance issues whatsoever with my pc, just this annoying sound. My PSU has been working fine for 5 years now. It's a Seasonic S12II 520W.

Solution
Change your PSU. You've used it for 5 years, you've got your money's worth. You don't wanna fry your components and then come out negative.
Jul 4, 2020
I have the same issue in my psu that i bought 4 months ago that started doing electrical buzzing after i installed a hdd. Is hdd causing the problem or i have to change my psu. (Psu:Seasonic M12II EVO 750w 80+ bronze)

I havent tried that but i dont think a harddrive would make such a loud and a electrical sound and also that sound only appears when i start to play a game then it disappeares when psus fan maxes out.
Well it's not a great power supply, on the list they maintain here on this forum it is rated at tier D recommended for IGP systems. Power supplies are very expensive now though so buying a new one won't be cheap.

Jul 4, 2020
Well it's not a great power supply, on the list they maintain here on this forum it is rated at tier D recommended for IGP systems. Power supplies are very expensive now though so buying a new one won't be cheap.
Absoloutley and unfortunately i cant even afford one. I saved money 3 years and seeing it going away like this is kinda sad. Although i still have warranty so ill try my chance.