[SOLVED] My problem is so simple but so complicated!

Shane1988

Honorable
Sep 10, 2016
Hi guys,

My uncle got a new laptop and has asked me to transfer all of his files from the old one to the new one - pictures, documents etc. I said okay immediately because it sounds easy but I tried for a couple hours the other day and couldn't do it. I tried connecting an ethernet and syncing the IP and stuff but it didn't work. They're both ASUS laptops so I can't find much support online, either.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions? I suggested emailing them to himsel but there's too many files.

Thanks.

Solution
There used to be a program that would do this within Windows, but it was done away with at some point.

The single easiest thing to do would be to utilize an external drive or USB and physically move the items back and forth.

If you can get them to connect to the same network there is a shared folder that will be available when you look at them under "network". You have to have some settings correct as well as access via the name/password. You could move the items on the older computer into that file and then download them across (with the new machine).

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
There used to be a program that would do this within Windows, but it was done away with at some point.

The single easiest thing to do would be to utilize an external drive or USB and physically move the items back and forth.

If you can get them to connect to the same network there is a shared folder that will be available when you look at them under "network". You have to have some settings correct as well as access via the name/password. You could move the items on the older computer into that file and then download them across (with the new machine).

Solution