Question My PSU turns off only on sundays

Nov 20, 2022
Hello there, I am very confused rn. I have a PC, with a Corsair CV650(650w). Ryzen 7 3600x, and a gtx 1650S. My PC works fine all days of a week, I use it for gaming, work, rendering... But on Sundays, the pc suddenly turn off because a PSU error power error. It's strange bc it only happens on Sundays I had this problem for two weeks from now.
Anyone has any clue? Should I change my PSU?

Pd: Srry for my English

Nov 20, 2022
Sounds like your PSU just needs a day off. ;)

Seriously though, is anything different on Sundays? Some appliance or device running that normally is off?

Have you tried a different electrical outlet?
Nope, the same devices running, I don't think that needs a day off, it shuts down even on ideal with all the programs closes, yep I tried other electrical outlet, the same result.

Nov 20, 2022
try change your system time on bios and see if happens again, then if its a software problem you know its in bios
I was going to try that out but it won't stay on enough time to enter the bios, I think I still have warranty, may I change the PSU? Btw I'm going to whait I till Monday .

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022
The Mobo seems to still having power after the pc shuts off(the power button of the case is on as well of the keyboard lights) I'll try to do a system reboot to see if the problem is caused by the os or a virus if it isn't I'll have to change the mobo, tysm for your time and answers btw

Nov 20, 2022
I'm going to leave a video, it happened the same as last Sunday first the pc turn on normally then shuts up suddenly, later on the pc won't turn on(as in the video).
Video
(I have tried to turn off the fans)
Last Sunday I leaved the pc turned off and on Monday it worked perfectly. Ty again

Nov 15, 2022
The Mobo seems to still having power after the pc shuts off(the power button of the case is on as well of the keyboard lights) I'll try to do a system reboot to see if the problem is caused by the os or a virus if it isn't I'll have to change the mobo, tysm for your time and answers btw
thats weird, try clearing the CMOS maybe its got some settings saved. i did that when my power switch timing wasnt working correctly almost feels like the power switch settings are save by the CMOS battery

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am wondering if there is an issue with the physical power button. Disconnect the power button connector from the motherboard front panel header.

Then, with a screwdriver, just touch the two pins briefly. This will close the circuit, like the power button does, and will start the system. You don't hold the connection long, just a touch.

Nov 20, 2022
I am wondering if there is an issue with the physical power button. Disconnect the power button connector from the motherboard front panel header.

Then, with a screwdriver, just touch the two pins briefly. This will close the circuit, like the power button does, and will start the system. You don't hold the connection long, just a touch.
Just tried it, the physical button and the pins work fine.

Nov 20, 2022
Any way you can borrow an UPS? maybe your area suffers from a minor brown out? and only on Sundays due to some switching problem at a sub station, worth a try though.
I don't think is a brown out, u have other pc and some other devices like PS5, tvs, laundry machines working perfectly

TRENDING THREADS