Question My pump makes a vibration noise, should I be worried about this?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
To be more specific, my pump started making this noise when I turned on precision boost overdrive which basically overclocked my CPU to 4,4 ghz (I have the ryzen 3700x). I’m assuming that this was just a reaction to the CPU getting hotter, but I just want to make sure everything’s safe. I have the ML240L and it’s working great. It kept my CPU at 60° during a stress test. It’s running at around 2200 RPM, which I’m guessing is high. I don’t mind the noise if it keeps my CPU cool, but I just want to make sure that I’m not lessening the life span of my pump or putting it at risk of leaking.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What is running at 2200RPM? Fans? (Most likely) Otherwise, how are you connecting the noise to the listed RPM?

Are you sure the noise is coming from the pump - have you isolated it specifically? Is the pump setup to be PWM controlled?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
What is running at 2200RPM? Fans? (Most likely) Otherwise, how are you connecting the noise to the listed RPM?

Are you sure the noise is coming from the pump - have you isolated it specifically? Is the pump setup to be PWM controlled?
I believe it’s coming from the pump. It doesn’t sound like a noise that the fans would make, and it sounds like it’s coming from the pump. My pump is running at 2200 RPM. I should have been more clear about that, my bad. And I have PWM disabled

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Without knowing what the sound is or what is causing the concern, it is difficult to provide much feedback. Pumps will make noise - they aren't completely silent, however they should be relatively quiet compared to case fans.

If you don't have the pump set to PWM control, then changing any clock settings has no impact on it because the pump wouldn't have any indication to change speeds based on load or temperatures, so that statement disconnects these events...they have nothing to do with one another.

Does the noise sound like water trickling or slight gurgling? Can you define it?