My Razer DeathAdder Chroma sometimes wont click (register) in windows

Mar 20, 2018
I have problem with my mouse. The left click sometimes won't click. I can hear it clicking but it wont register in windows. I have to click hard and then it's fixed. Is it transmiter or something (don't know) or the damn switch after all? I had to change the right switch like a year ago but it didn't click and this one clicks but doesn't register...

I was thinking what it could cause this and I reinstalled the windows and it's still happening. Is it hardware problem? New mouse is unavoidable?

Reactions: drixotic
Oct 10, 2018
Sadly for you, this and double clicking problems are a pretty common with Razer Mouses.

If you going to buy a new mouse, i'll recommend something from Corsair, Logitech or SteelSeries , their mouses are more reliable in the build quality than Razer ones.

Razer mouses are pretty good when they work, but sadly there's too many reports of people getting problems with them after few months of use, so there's must be quality issues.

Here's a moderator from this site talking about Razer(Including Chromas) issues in another thread in the forum: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3341997/razer-deathadder-chroma-logitech-g502-proteus-spectrum.html

Since you already own the g502 there is no reason to change.

There are several other reasons you would not want to if you like the 502:
All deathadders (2013, 2014, and now the chromas) develop a well known "double click" issue where occasionally (and increasing with age) a single left or right click will register as two. They also develop scroll wheel issues depending on the amount of use.
In addition, the reason alot of esports players use them is because most often than not they are sponsored (or looking to be sponsored) by razer. Of course they are going to use their mouse, and make it seem great.

Realistically any well known mouse will perform the same, what matters most is your comfort and familiarity with it.
Razer has been known to have pretty poor quality over time (deathadder, abyssus, deathstalker, and blackwiddow included).

Oct 10, 2018

Probably it's.

Also what's your main use for the mouse?
For playing The Logitech G203 Prodigy, Logitech G Pro Gaming or the SteelSeries Rival Series would fit your requirements.

But if you want to be sure you can check this site: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/

That's one of the best sites for Mouse Reviews, Also They use a Hand Size Metric and recommend the mouses according to Hand/Palm Size, so if you don't mind a little research you can check the reviews.