[SOLVED] My RGB fan Controller started Burning

Nov 4, 2021
Hello
Today i was playing just like i do every time, but i heard a big spark coming from my pc, i imediatly shut down my pc in the power supply.
I opened it and the rgb fan controller had a burn spot.
I have a photo of the controller here : View: https://imgur.com/a/53yss49

My PC is a Pre-Built from GlobalData (Caseking.de office in portugal).

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics Card : MSI ventus RTX 2060 ventus
RAM : TEAMGROUP 16gb 3200mhz 2*8 gb
Mobo: MSI b450 PRO MAX
Case : MSI forge 100m ( the controller and 2 RGB fans came with the case i think)

The PC works and boots into windows but the fans only show yellow now

The question is should i contact warranty via Globaldata ( since in my country every product is obliged to have at least 2 year warranty minimum) or should i contact MSI.

Thank You

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should definitely contact the seller of the system and also keep MSI in the loop with an email(as well as Caseking.de) so they're all in the loop. The issue should be resolved with a fan controller at the very least but if the fans are damaged then they should be replaced as well though in retrospect, the case will end up being replaced by MSI, for sure.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should definitely contact the seller of the system and also keep MSI in the loop with an email(as well as Caseking.de) so they're all in the loop. The issue should be resolved with a fan controller at the very least but if the fans are damaged then they should be replaced as well though in retrospect, the case will end up being replaced by MSI, for sure.

Solution