My Rig is Stuttering in every game. Please help !

Jul 8, 2018
Hello fellow PC gamers. I have a little problem going on now for the past few weeks. My rig stutters in every game. Just for the record, i already did research on every forum and every Internet site.
My Rig:
Asus Mobo Z370E
Cpu: 8700K
Gpu: 1080ti Asus 11G gaming.

So my problem starts after i boot up the game and after playing 10 or 15 min the gaming starts to stutter and i tried almost everything. Resetting the Graphics driver and updating windows. I have no OC on the CPU. No OC the GPU and. CPU temps are fine with the H115i Pro cooler. But the Gpu is arround 70-80 celcius while gaming and 54-55 Celcius when idle. Is there any solution you have for me. My friend told me maybe the case is too small for such big GPU and doest have enough room for cooling and suggested i should switch to water cooling. Good tip but before buying a full kit i wanna make sure that everything is alright. Can you help me guys thank you. Message as much as you want i will reply ASAP. I dont know if its the internet or just hardware related. CS:GO runs perfectly fine. Thank you very much.

Jul 8, 2018

My system specs are already written but im going to write down the whole system
Z370E
Asus Rog 1080ti 11g
S340 Elite Case
H115i Pro cpu aio cooler
Corsair PSU 650
32 Gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz ram

How many different games? Your GPU temps are well within safe range, no where near hot enough to be overheating, though likely losing most of boost clocks. Pascal GPUs starts dropping boost speed over 57C or so. This is not throttling though, as it would have to run under the base clock to be throttling. What are CPU temps in-game? Latest UEFI installed?

Jul 8, 2018

Thank you for your replay man. When im gaming, for example BF1 on high settings my cpu temp dont go above 50 or 55 celcius. So it stays cool. But is there any way i can save a Graph and post it here so you can see it ? And i updated the BIOS or UEFI over the bios its self with the internet. it went realy fast and good. The only enabled profile is the xmp profile in the uefi. thanks

What PSU?

HD's?

Jul 8, 2018

500 gb m.2
128 gb ssd ( boot drive only)
2 tb wd black
PSU: RM650x

How many PCIe cables are you using... That's cables, not connectors.... The PSU has 2 PCIe cables.

Jul 8, 2018

My GPU uses 2 pcie cables. Didnt want to split one cable to 2 because of thew performance drop as my friend said .
I dont know if i should run a check if all the cable are connected to right place in the psu.

OK, good, using both cables.

So the games are on the 500GB SSD?

Jul 8, 2018

some of them yeah. the games i play the most are on the 500gb drive. but if its a game like bf1 or ghost recon wildlans ( big games over 60 gb, i download them to the 2tb hdd

How much free space on the OS drive?

Jul 8, 2018

181Gb free space of 232

Monitor?

What resolution and refresh rate are you playing?

G - SYNC?

Jul 8, 2018

i dont have any gsync or freesync. my monitor is a zowie 2540xl 240Hz monitor.

Lower the refresh rate to 144 Hz.

Jul 8, 2018

i can do that. but just asking , why should i do that ? how is that going to help me ?

Just try it. :)

Jul 8, 2018

ok i will try it and leave a comment. thank you for the reply.

it sadly doesnt work. still stuttering.

Jul 8, 2018

im also think that the case might be too small for this big gpu. and as someone mentioned that the radiator is blowwing the hot air on the gpu that gives more heat. im just thinking if the gpu is working properly or not. i think it is other wise i wouldnt get high fps

Jul 8, 2018

i didnt know that was a thing but i tought of it. im thinking that my case is too small for the rig
thinking about getting the 750d airflow. just for the record its not neccesary for to have a tempered glass on the side.

TRENDING THREADS