Question My router speed limit problem.

Sep 29, 2022
So i have really meybe 'bad' provider and my router plan is 21mbps but my router recive 15 and my speedtest on pc shows that i recive only 12,60 capped is that a capped netowrk or its max speed that can reach?

Sep 29, 2022
So i have really meybe 'bad' provider and my router plan is 21mbps but my router recive 16 and my speedtest on pc shows that i recive only 12,60 capped is that a capped netowok or its max speed that can reach

Sounds like you have a DSL connection. The speed you actually get is related to how long the telephone wires are between your house and the isp equipment and how good the quality is. The ISP will quote the best case and unlike things like cable or fiber connections you tend to not get that speed.
Where do you see the 15mbps is this a speedtest done on the router or are you looking at a speed on the wan port. The numbers on the wan port do not include some of the overhead used when the the data is converted to be sent on dsl.

Sep 29, 2022
Sounds like you have a DSL connection. The speed you actually get is related to how long the telephone wires are between your house and the isp equipment and how good the quality is. The ISP will quote the best case and unlike things like cable or fiber connections you tend to not get that speed.
Where do you see the 15mbps is this a speedtest done on the router or are you looking at a speed on the wan port. The numbers on the wan port do not include some of the overhead used when the the data is converted to be sent on dsl.
You are very smart buddy! Any way to fix it?

Not much you can do yourself. I guess you could try to plug a short wire to the box where the phone line comes into the house . This would eliminate the wires in your house but it is unlikely going to make any difference. Maybe a bad splice in your house but in most cases dsl speed is a cable distance thing and the length of the wire in your house is insignificant.

The ISP would have to check the wires to see if there was a issue. All they can really do is use other wire pairs if they think there is a problem. This is actually a fairly large effort since phone wire is spliced many times between your house and the office and they would have to check all the splices. They likely check some of them when they installed it and decided it was good enough.

This is talk to the ISP and see what they say about the numbers and if that is all you can expect. Seems like that is older form of DSL being that slow. Some of the newer ones are much faster...still slow compared to any other technology. You likely have no other options for internet so the telephone company feels they can get away with offering crappy service and not spending any money to upgrade it.

Not sure what options you have. Cell networks if you have coverage will be faster but they tend to be costly. Maybe there is some form of point to point wireless, look for flat panel antenna of satelite dishes pointed flat on neighboring houses. Starlink might be a option depending where you live but it is rather expensive compared to most dsl plans.