[SOLVED] My RX 5700xt Wont let my PC boot up

Apr 27, 2020
Hi everyone .
I am going to keep this post as brief as possible. The problem i am having is my pc wont boot or display anything with this new 5700 xt although it did fine before with same graphics card . The solutions i have tried are updating bios, updating chipset, Clean installs/uninstalls, Reseating ram, Reseating card and power cords. My computer specs are
I5-6500,
Gigabyte b150M d3H
8 GB Ram corsairs
corsair vs550 power supp.
I have also tried using an older gpu gtx 1060 and its boots and works fine. I've also tried booting the pc with only an hdmi plugged into the mother board with the 5700 xt plugged in to see if i could manually update it to see if that would help, with no chance of getting booted. I dont think its boot looping, all the fans and lights kick on in side the case, but as far as my keyboard and mouse go they remain off .Their RGB wont light up too.

Please let meknow if any more details are necessarry, (powering the 5700xt through daisy chained 6 pin +2 pin 8 pin connectors.)

Solution
Your power supply is too weak for that card. I just built a new PC this past weekend using my old 550w. I used a 5700 GPU. After spending all day Saturday and Sunday with bsods and gsods, updating bios, drivers, reinstalling windows, I noticed my PSU making a very slightly louder hum. I ran to MicroCenter and picked up a 750w PSU. After installing it and all new drivers and bios again......wham all my problems went away.

I think you card has a recommended 700w PSU rating

AaronAngle

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016
Your power supply is too weak for that card. I just built a new PC this past weekend using my old 550w. I used a 5700 GPU. After spending all day Saturday and Sunday with bsods and gsods, updating bios, drivers, reinstalling windows, I noticed my PSU making a very slightly louder hum. I ran to MicroCenter and picked up a 750w PSU. After installing it and all new drivers and bios again......wham all my problems went away.

I think you card has a recommended 700w PSU rating

Solution