Question My Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT does not load up windows, shows only black screen :(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 15, 2020
Hi folks,

Yesterday I have encountered a problem which i cant sort out. I have purchased a brand new GPU Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT and after installation i can see the BIOS but it does not load up windows and it shows black screen. Just to make sure it does not start even to load windows at all . I really need help with this.

What i have tried :
-changed display ports to HDMI back and forth did not help
-all the power cables are plugged in all looks good
-i have uninstalled previous drivers from my pc
-i have tried to install fresh windows ( i could not cuz after the bios would switch to the installation screen it shows only black screen, it does not even start up the windows dvd)
-i have checked if the power source is enough for the gpu in theory it enough
- i even updated the bios on my mobo
-tried to reset the cmos took out battery and disconnected from mains for 5 minutes
- tried to put back my old GPU that works still as normal just drivers need installing

My pc specs:
-CPU : intel 975 3.33ghz
-mobo: rampage II
-PSU: corsair CX 550 W 80+
-Ram: g-skill sniper 1333 mhz 3x 4gb
-ssd: samsung 256gb

Any suggestions? :)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020
So I have updates, I tried the gpu in another pc, that pc has same memories as mine, asrock b450, (mine is aurus b450) and ryzen 2600 (I had that same cpu but just upgraded to a 5600x) this build is fresh so that means clean OS, I see 2 possibilities a) the OS was clean and it did not lead to drivers crashes or b) the bios update I did in order to support the ryzen 5600x has issues, any guess?

Aug 15, 2020
So I have updates, I tried the gpu in another pc, that pc has same memories as mine, asrock b450, (mine is aurus b450) and ryzen 2600 (I had that same cpu but just upgraded to a 5600x) this build is fresh so that means clean OS, I see 2 possibilities a) the OS was clean and it did not lead to drivers crashes or b) the bios update I did in order to support the ryzen 5600x has issues, any guess?

I'm gonna be honest i really don't know lol Sorry.
Maybe one more thing as last resort i would try. Update the bios but honestly i really don't know where else to go with this no more.

Dec 26, 2020
Having the same problem, using an MSI 760GMA-P34 (fx) mobo and a FX-8320 cpu.
When the RX 5600 XT is in the pcie slot, I can access bios but windows refuses to boot and just stays a black screen. When using integrated graphics it boots fine. So I am guessing that this is and outdated hardware issue and my new GPU isn't dead from the factory.

Feb 4, 2023
When the RX 5600 XT is in the pcie slot, I can access bios but windows refuses to boot and just stays a black screen. When using integrated graphics it boots fine. So I am guessing that this is and outdated hardware issue and my new GPU isn't dead from the factory.
I h
I have the same problem with rx5500xt on old lga1156 socket i5 650 cpu. But it works on newer pc.