My screen goes black very often. SyncMaster P2450

Hiloko

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
Hi Everyone

I have a very strange and annoying issue.
Ok so its about my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster p2450).
The issue is that when i turn on my computer and screen my monitor will go black after like 30 minutes and i fix this by turning off my screen and turning it on again, but after 30sec to 5 minutes it will do it again (go black) and then i have to turn my screen off and on again And then again after 30sec to 5 minutes it will do the same thing again and i constantly need to turn my screen off and then on again. I have tried using my moniter on another computer and the problem is still there.

so i will ask you guys if you have a solution?

i have already tried this:
1. Going to power saver and put sleep to never.
2. Going to advanced settings in power saver and set turn on display after NEVER. changed sleep after to NEVER changed hibernate after: NEVER.
3. I have tried using another screen, and no black screen.
4. I have tried using my monitor on another computer and the problem is still there.
so that's it, hope you got a solution :)

(sorry for bad English)

Hiloko

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015

It just randomly goes black and it does not say anything before it happens.
I dont know, but could it be caused by overheating? because it does it the first time after 30 minutes and from then on it does it after 2 minutes each time.

Hiloko

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015

hmmm... i bought it used and i think i got the papers when i bought it.
it should still be under warranty, but cant i do something myself? maybe remove all the dust (by blowing it away) or something? let me know what you think :)

Hiloko

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015

Ok, i'll try it and come back with a result .
if that doesn't fix it, i think i will send it for repair.
i dont know but maybe it could be something about the power supply? yeah, i may sound like an idiot :spamafote: