Question My second monitor goes black when I'm increasing its output resolution form my laptop's display settings over 800x600

dpool

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
I used an external monitor for around one month. but recently it went black. But when I decrease its resolution below 800x600 from display settings in the laptop it shows pictures but when increasing resolution it goes black again.

My laptop is MSI GL63 9RDS, 1050Ti

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model external monitor?

As a matter of elimination and trouble-shooting try other available video ports (laptop and monitor) and the applicable known working video cables.

Test the monitor on another known working computer to verify that the monitor itself is still capable of providing higher resolution displays.

Try another known working (high resolutions available) monitor on the laptop as the external monitor.

Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with the laptop.

dpool

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Make and model external monitor?

As a matter of elimination and trouble-shooting try other available video ports (laptop and monitor) and the applicable known working video cables.

Test the monitor on another known working computer to verify that the monitor itself is still capable of providing higher resolution displays.

Try another known working (high resolutions available) monitor on the laptop as the external monitor.

Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with the laptop.
I tried another laptop on the same cable and monitor. They worked fine. I have tried installing drivers again also