Question My second monitor worked yesterday but not today ?

Aug 17, 2023
My GPU is Nvida Geforce GTX 1650 Super

A few days ago i bought a new HDMI cable to use an old TV as a second monitor on my pc, only to discover that my GPU only has 1 x HDMI port (already used by my monitor) and 3 x DisplayPorts.
So i went later and bought an HDMI-to-DisplayPort adapter and the first day all went well and i could use both my monitor and the tv at the same time.

However, when I turned my pc on the next day, only my main monitor had display and now my monitor only has display if i plug it on the first DisplayPort with the adapter. If i plug it in the HDMI port or any other DisplayPort, it doesnt give display after the bios screen.

The TV doesnt work as a display even when plugged in the first DisplayPort or plugging the HDMI cable in to another slot on the TV. The new HDMI cable works well, i have tried it.

Things that I have tried:
  • Removing CMOS battery and restarting
  • Starting the pc without the GPU, shutdown the pc and then connect the GPU
  • On device manager, uninstall device on the GPU and the monitors (even those that appear hidden)
  • Unninstall all display drivers using DDU

It could just be that the ports on the GPU don't work, but the TV should work as a display when it's plugged in the same place as the monitor was.

Any help is appreciated and thank you beforehand.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Aug 17, 2023
My GPU is Nvida Geforce GTX 1650 Super

A few days ago i bought a new HDMI cable to use an old TV as a second monitor on my pc, only to discover that my GPU only has 1 x HDMI port (already used by my monitor) and 3 x DisplayPorts.
So i went later and bought an HDMI-to-DisplayPort adapter and the first day all went well and i could use both my monitor and the tv at the same time.

However, when I turned my pc on the next day, only my main monitor had display and now my monitor only has display if i plug it on the first DisplayPort with the adapter. If i plug it in the HDMI port or any other DisplayPort, it doesnt give display after the bios screen.

The TV doesnt work as a display even when plugged in the first DisplayPort or plugging the HDMI cable in to another slot on the TV. The new HDMI cable works well, i have tried it.

Things that I have tried:
  • Removing CMOS battery and restarting
  • Starting the pc without the GPU, shutdown the pc and then connect the GPU
  • On device manager, uninstall device on the GPU and the monitors (even those that appear hidden)
  • Unninstall all display drivers using DDU

It could just be that the ports on the GPU don't work, but the TV should work as a display when it's plugged in the same place as the monitor was.

Any help is appreciated and thank you beforehand.
Apologies for not including my hardware specs.

Motherboard: Gibabyte Technology H410M H V3
BIOS Version: American Megatrends International, LLC. F1, 24/5/2021
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
CPU cooler: Factory Intel Cooler
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4gb
RAM: 16GB
SSD: Windows Installed on a SSD kingston 250gb
HDD: Seagate 1TB
PSU: XT Series 650w, around 6 months old
Chassis: Eros Xigmatek
Monitor: Samsung S22D300
TV (second monitor): Hisense Model: HLE321RT, 32 inch