[SOLVED] My SSD doesn't work after BIOS reset ?

Dec 21, 2020
i reset my bios through bios battery, now my m2 ssd is not working.
When i start my pc it goes directly into the bios and there is no any startup settings because i only have one storage drive and that's my m2 ssd and its not working, i tried to reset my ssd through win10 usb but it doesnt shows there, any help would be appreciated.
Edit: i have gigabyte b450m s2h and bios version is f60

Solution
Did you pull the psu power cable when you pulled out the battery? If you didn't, cmos is probably only partially reset.

I personally pull the power cable (or hit the switch), wait till all the leds go out and there's usually an audible click from the psu. Then just short the cmos reset pins.

That should discover the drive, which I'm betting is an NVMe not a Sata ssd.

Depending on how the drive is setup, if it's MBR you'll need to goto Boot tab, enable CSM, enable UEFI and Legacy, then set everything else under that tab to Ignore. Under Secure Boot, that needs to be set to Windows UEFI.
If the drive is set to GPT, you make CSM disabled, Secure Boot to Windows UEFI.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you pull the psu power cable when you pulled out the battery? If you didn't, cmos is probably only partially reset.

I personally pull the power cable (or hit the switch), wait till all the leds go out and there's usually an audible click from the psu. Then just short the cmos reset pins.

That should discover the drive, which I'm betting is an NVMe not a Sata ssd.

Depending on how the drive is setup, if it's MBR you'll need to goto Boot tab, enable CSM, enable UEFI and Legacy, then set everything else under that tab to Ignore. Under Secure Boot, that needs to be set to Windows UEFI.
If the drive is set to GPT, you make CSM disabled, Secure Boot to Windows UEFI.

Solution