Question my stock cooler fan on R5 3600 gets really fast when playing games.I was planning to get a frostflow x 240

If you want quiet, I'd slap on a Noctua NH-D15 and call it day.. (Requires 165 mm mounting height clearance)

The new Ryzens do indeed run warm....; you can try ramping your fans to a constant 75-80% and see if that keeps the temps to 80-83C or so, rather than allow them to ramp up/down noticeably as temps go from 70C - 7%c, etc...

Aug 22, 2019
If you want quiet, I'd slap on a Noctua NH-D15 and call it day.. (Requires 165 mm mounting height clearance)

The new Ryzens do indeed run warm....; you can try ramping your fans to a constant 75-80% and see if that keeps the temps to 80-83C or so, rather than allow them to ramp up/down noticeably as temps go from 70C - 7%c, etc...
just ordered the forstflow x 240...will that be good enough ?

do u guys think it would be able to reduce the temp ?
Are you overclocking? What case/case fans do you have?

Have you tried a custom profile to reduce fan speed? What are the steady-state temps you are experiencing? I mean excluding the peak-ups that fall away quickly, you want to set a fan profile that ignores those.

Just about any 240mm AIO should be more than adequate for cooling a 3600.

If you go with a big-air cooler (like NH-D12 or -D14) you'll also need to pay close attention to case airflow or it will just be pushing hot air around inside the case and doing nothing.

Last edited: